9437Re: [Star Trek Books] Re: was-"Stone and Anvil" Info/now--ebooks

    Sep 2, 2003
      Look in the links section of the group. Any sites
      I've found I would have put there. I know the Los
      Angeles Public Library offers ebooks and some
      University sites have them too. I find it doubtful
      however that any books published in the last few years
      or so, even if available as ebooks, would be free
      downloads. I know many older titles are however.

      Ebooks, if you have a way to read them (download a
      free reader, either Adobe, MSReader or Palm--that's
      what I use) are realitively inexpensive compared to
      bound books. For example, there's a new mystery I
      wanted that was $29.99 and the ebook version was
      $8.70. The reason I like the Palm format(there's a
      desktop or handheld version) is it's so easy to
      redownload the book if I need to.

      Jackie
      --- Judy <intergalacticbookworm@...> wrote:
      > I just checked the Suburban Library System's (South
      > Suburban Chicago)
      > e-book collection, and basically all it seems to be
      > are either
      > classics, Cliff notes or Dummy books. And I went
      > through the entire
      > list. Is there a national site? Judy

      http://sitebuilder.yahoo.com
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic