4874Re: Has any one read the book version of broken bow?

  • msferengi
    Jul 1, 2002
      --- In startrekbooks@y..., "voyagerbooks" <voyager.books@n...> wrote:
      > Thanks for the info. do you know if its going to be out in
      > paperback .

      John Ordover said there were no plans to release "Broken Bow" as a
      paperback at the present time. It's not on next years schedule yet
      either. But watch Amazon and other book stores for used or
      discounted copies. I know my local Barnes & Noble puts hardbacks on
      the discount table about 8 or 9 months after their initial release
      and they are only about $5. (That's how I get my hardcovers!)

      Myself I passed on "Broken Bow" as the story was written from the
      first draft script so Diane Carey didn't really have anything to go
      on as far as the characterizations. Also she said in an interview
      that she wrote it in a rush, 3 days I believe, and she wasn't really
      happy with how it came out. But on the other hand, novelizations
      expand on the script so often they are excellent.