      I'm about 2/3 of the way through this one, and I also can't put it down--unfortunately, I only get to read it late at night when everything else is done! I stick pretty strictly to TOS, but this book is nevertheless easy to follow and understand. I'm enjoying it immensely.

      Strider

      "They say that every man has a price at which he'll do anything. I like to think it's the other way around; every man has a line, a line he won't cross over, no matter what the cost."

      On Saturday, March 22, 2014 7:03 AM, Linda Wrage <LINWRAGE@...> wrote:

      This book is definitely on my 'to read' list. As soon as I read the blurb for this book, I knew I wanted to buy it. I have really been a fan of Greg Cox's other Star Trek novels.

      Linda W.

      From: "writer021@..." <writer021@...>
      To: startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Saturday, March 22, 2014 12:46 AM
      Subject: [Star Trek Books] "No Time Like the Past" by Greg Cox - A brief review

      I recently had the pleasure of reading Greg Cox's latest foray into Star Trek, "No Time Like the Past". Although billed as a TOS novel, it is more accurate to say that it is a TOS / VGR novel.

      I know what you're thinking - "How the blazes could they pull that off without totally mucking up history?"

      Mr. Cox managed, with grace and the skilled hand of a true Trek author, to bring Seven of Nine into the 23rd Century, where she ends up working with none other than the crew of the Enterprise!  And all without mucking up the timelines.

      In fact, I'm wishing this book could've been made into a TV movie. It was a hell of a read, and I couldn't put it down, except when fatigue overcame me, and caffeine just wasn't doing the job anymore.

      I also had my wife buy a copy of this book for her Kindle, and I'm eager to hear what she thinks of the story.

      Check out this novel, people! I strongly, forcefully, recommend it! You won't be sorry!

      Camren T. Burton
      writer021@...

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic