      From: bj <bjones44@...>
      To: startrekbooks <startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sat, Dec 28, 2013 3:30 pm
      Subject: [Star Trek Books] What's everyone reading?

      (anybody still here?)

      I'm most of the way through the first Crucible -- McCoy -- with Spock and
      Kirk to come.

      Before this, I read some Lost Years books, and after the Crucible books I
      plan to do the Lost Era books.

      I like the way things we recognize from various episodes or movies creep
      into the stories! Someone who sounds an awful lot like a DS9 character
      showed up in Crucible: McCoy!

      These are all re-reads, by the way -- but it's been a few years and I've
      forgotten the details -- although some things don't seem completely
      "Wha? where'd *that* come from!" But other scenes are more like
      "How could I have ever forgotten *that* happened!?!"

      I also have the new books The Fall that have been coming out -- prefer not
      to read until the whole set is out so I won't have to wait-for-it! OTOH they
      won't be so "new" by the time I finish the other books I've already planned.
      There's also a new Titan book coming.

      Looks like I'm good for months! well, weeks, anyway, before I have to look
      around for a new "theme" bunch (of ST, of course).

      Happy New Year & Happy Reading to all.

    • Show all 16 messages in this topic