      From: Linda Wrage <LINWRAGE@...>
      To: Star Trek Books <startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Sunday, September 8, 2013 9:48 AM
      Subject: [Star Trek Books] THE SHOCKS OF ADVERSITY by William Leisner

       I just finished reading THE SHOCKS OF ADVERSITY by William Leisner. I really LOVED this book. The main focus of this novel was Kirk and the tough decisions that a starship captain must make for the safety of his ship and crew. (But other crew members were also given quite a lot of focus as well, especially McCoy and Spock of course. But Sulu, Chekov, Uhura and Scotty also had strong parts in the novel.) I really thought the characters were well done and believeable. For me this book was really a page turner. A good solid story with enough action and conflict to keep it interesting. I enjoyed it so much that I really hated to see it end.  This is a book that I would read again some time.

      Linda W.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic