25202Re: [Star Trek Books] Re: Spock direction (possible spolers)

    Jan 7, 2011
      From: "Andrew Brown" <scottish.andy76@...>
      Sent: Friday, January 07, 2011 1:37 PM
      To: <startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com>
      Subject: Re: [Star Trek Books] Re: Spock direction (possible spolers)

      > I think you may have misunderstood what I said. The Destiny arc is the way
      > the current post series finale novels are going in as far as I am aware.
      > But
      > the tie-in novel released for the Star Trek Online game relates that the
      > events in the game are happening in an alternate timeline from the Destiny
      > series, but that the destrtuction of Romulus from the 2009 Star Trek movie
      > is incorporated into the background history for the game. For those who
      > have
      > read this book, its in the section where Jake is talking to Lucsly and
      > Dulmer, the Temporal Prime Directive agents.

      Ok. Apparently, if I have it straight now, Destiny is in the "real"
      Trek-verse as its been developing these many years.

      The Online Game is more altie, but (also?) includes some of what went on in
      the 2009 movie-verse.

      I haven't read the Online Game book. (but I would like to see the part w/
      Jake & the TPD agents!)

      Right now I'm into post-Destiny books -- currently on Unworthy; will
      probably get to Typhon Pact in a bit. There's something else I have on deck
      but I forget what it is. :-)

      How many Trek-verses will we have???
      So far there's "original"; "mirror" is almost part of that since it was *in*
      the TOS to begin with. There are the novellettes (short novels? long
      short-stories? anyway in collected form in several volumes) about
      alternate-reality development of Characters We Know (only read some of
      them). Then there are the Shatnerverse books. Now there's the JJ-verse or
      whatever it's called.

      No wonder my head's spinning!
    • Show all 9 messages in this topic