      From: startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com [mailto:startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com]
      On Behalf Of Allyn Gibson
      Sent: Tuesday, January 04, 2011 10:32 PM
      To: startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Star Trek Books] Re: Spock direction (possible spolers)

      On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 09:03:28 -0500, Ian McFarlane <mackiedoo@...>
      wrote:

      > I am in the middle of reading "Star Trek Typhon Pact: Rough Beasts of
      > Empire" and it has reminded me that in effect the JJ Abrams/Robert
      > Orci storyline has actually set up some interesting Star Trek
      > milestones not only for Spock but also for the Trek Universe as a
      > whole! In fact the Countdown graphic novels even goes a step beyond that!
      >
      > Does anyone have any idea if Pocket Books will tackle any of these
      > implications in 2012 and beyond? The storyline possibilities here are
      > incredibly rich and varied.

      I imagine that Pocket will eventually get around to the events of 2387,
      but that's a number of years ahead of the "present" in the novels.
      There's no telling when the post-DESTINY/post-TYPHON PACT timeline would
      even get -close- to reaching the supernova of the Hobus star.

      I do agree with you, though. COUNTDOWN needs some follow-up; the political
      situation at the end of the story would be fascinating to explore.

      Allyn
      --
      "Made of awesome and Guinness and bright shiny pennies..."
      http://www.allyngibson.net/