25195Re: Spock direction (possible spolers)

  • Allyn Gibson
    Jan 4, 2011
      On Tue, 04 Jan 2011 09:03:28 -0500, Ian McFarlane
      <mackiedoo@...> wrote:

      > I am in the middle of reading "Star Trek Typhon Pact: Rough Beasts of
      > Empire" and it has reminded me that in effect the JJ Abrams/Robert Orci
      > storyline has actually set up some interesting Star Trek milestones not
      > only for Spock but also for the Trek Universe as a whole! In fact
      > the Countdown graphic novels even goes a step beyond that!
      >
      > Does anyone have any idea if Pocket Books will tackle any of these
      > implications in 2012 and beyond? The storyline possibilities here are
      > incredibly rich and varied.

      I imagine that Pocket will eventually get around to the events of 2387,
      but that's a number of years ahead of the "present" in the novels.
      There's no telling when the post-DESTINY/post-TYPHON PACT timeline would
      even get -close- to reaching the supernova of the Hobus star.

      I do agree with you, though. COUNTDOWN needs some follow-up; the
      political situation at the end of the story would be fascinating to
      explore.

      Allyn
      --
      "Made of awesome and Guinness and bright shiny pennies..."
      http://www.allyngibson.net/