23837Re: [Star Trek Books] Chevron One Engaged, I Mean Phasers to Starboard

    Apr 1, 2009
      >Star Trek audiobooks are dead, right?
      >Stargate SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis novels dont sell strong enough to be
      >sold in most bookstores, right?
      >Then why have Stargate SG-1 and Stargate: Atlantis audiobooks started
      >popping up?
      >Originals stories, not even based on current, past, or future books.
      >These are voiced by the actors from the shows.

      Because the STARGATE audios are produced by Big Finish, which only
      has distribution in the UK. The UK is much more receptive to audio
      dramas than the U.S., and also the UK is much much smaller, and
      therefore audios don't need to sell as many to be considered a
      success over there as they do on this side of the pond.

      Keith R.A. DeCandido

      "Quickly -- before we come to our senses!"
      ---King Julien, MADAGASCAR 2
    • Show all 2 messages in this topic