17359Re: [Star Trek Books] Slightly Odd Q

  • April Payne
    Jul 1, 2005
      That probably should have read 'steeping' the tea. Usually after you pour in the boiling water you let the tea sit for about two to five minutes before pouring the first cup. This enables the tea to infuse the water, called steeping. If you pour it too soon the tea is too weak, not fully brewed as it were.

      Hope this helps.

      whose British heritage demands she drink a lot of tea! :P

      Staci Hapdock <spaci1701@...> wrote:

      Something really small that's been niggling at me. In SCE: Breakdowns, right near the start of Pattie's story, she gets to her teacher's place where tea has been made. I don't know much about tea preparation, so I'm not sure if it's a typo, or a way of preparing it I don't know, but it mentions them 'seeping' the tea. As I said, not a big deal, just something that caught my attention.

      "We live as though the world were as it should be, to show it what it can be."
      Angel, 'Deep Down' 6/1
      Do You Yahoo!?

      Visit your group "startrekbooks" on the web.

      Yahoo! Mail