16521Re: SCE #51 LOST TIME available for download

  • David Young
    May 3, 2005
      From: Jackie Bundy
      To: startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sunday, May 01, 2005 1:57 PM

      << I'll try [to answer question about ebooks] :)

      eBooks are electronicly formated books that can be
      read on a PC, a laptop or handheld device such as a
      Palm or Pocket PC device. Personally I use my
      handheld as I don't want to have to sit at a screen to
      read, I'd rather curl up and get comfy.

      So since you've got a computer you've got all you
      need, you just would need to download a reader. >>

      [David:] 1. Initial reaction upon reading that last line ("so since you've got a computer, you've got all you need"): "sigh... if only that were the case."

      (naw, too maudlin)

      2. Second reaction: You missed a couple of things: Junk food (nachos are particularly good for while sitting front of a computer, as is pizza), reading material (although lately it seems like I spend all of my time trying to keep up with emails from various lists), and a warm pet (whatever one's preference, canine, feline, or both; although, I have to admit, sometimes the feline sometimes distracts the user from his/her computer by jumping in his/her lap, on the keyboard itself, into the nachos, etc.)

      David Young
      Cleveland, GA
      * Currently Reading:
      * Just Read: Starman: A Wicked Inclination... (Robinson, Harris, Von Grawbadger, et al.)
      (What else? Check out my homepage,
      http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/8939/index.html) :)