16112Re: Doctor Who

  • David Young
    Apr 1, 2005
      --- In startrekbooks@yahoogroups.com, Allyn Gibson <allyn@a...>
      wrote:
      > On Friday, April 1, 2005, Sian wrote:
      >
      > > a. The BBC should have the main actors sign a contract for 6
      years like
      > > I've heard they do with the main actors for Star Trek!
      >
      > Eccleston is under contract for a second season. He's just said he
      > won't do it. The BBC -could- force Eccleston to fulfill the terms
      of
      > his contract, but why have a leading man who doesn't want to be
      there?

      Well, television has a sort of history of it though. Pierce Brosnan
      couldn't take the James Bond role the first time it was offered to
      him because NBC held him to his contract for more "Remington Steele"
      episodes (or was it TV movie/specials that last season?). And
      Farrah Fawcett was actually taken to court by ABC for breaking her
      contract on "Charlies Angels" back in the 1970s. The result there
      was a settlement that Fawcett was released from her contract as a
      regular cast member but had to appear in several guest-appearances
      over the following seasons of the series.

      David Young
      Cleveland, GA
      * Currently Reading:
      * Just Read: Starman: A Wicked Inclination... (Robinson, Harris, Von
      Grawbadger, et al.)
      (What else? Check out my homepage,
      http://www.geocities.com/Area51/Zone/8939/index.html) :)
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic