11725Re: [Star Trek Books] RE: Save Star Trek Letter WAY OT

  • David Fernau
    Apr 1, 2004
      Who says the present continuity would be wiped away?
      Did TNG wipe away the TOS continuity? Did DS9 wipe
      away TNG or TOS? Did Voyager wipe out the previous
      three series?

      Another series could easily fit into the Trek
      universe. We could pick up where Voyager left off,
      perhaps with a ship sent into the Delta quadrant... we
      could pick up where the DS9 books have started to go,
      with explorations into the Gamma quadrant. We could go
      back and see what the Enterprise-B, C, or D was like.
      We could even do something similar to SCE, in the same
      timeline as TNG, DS9, and Voyager, if we wanted. There
      are still many, MANY stories left to tell in the Trek
      universe.

      As for re-imagining, they could never get that past
      the Trek fans. Let us be clear, Charlie's Angels,
      Battlestar Galactica, and Mission Impossible never,
      and I mean NEVER had the kind of fan loyalty that Trek
      has. Trek fans have kept these shows in syndication,
      and new books being produced every month! Can you say
      that about Battlestar Galactica? The lack of a strong
      fan base is what allowed them to get away with that
      "re-imagining" that they did to Galactica. It will NOT
      happen to Trek.

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Show all 7 messages in this topic