RE: [Starshield] Fantasy Star Gates?

  • Mark Proctor
    Message 1 of 22 , Jun 1, 2012
      I could be interested in this. However, given my past, it may require someone else with a stick to prod me from time to time as I get distracted easily. :)
      I still think Starshield/Starscapes is a great idea with lots of potential for interesting stories and interaction between the different characters and locations.

      Mark

      To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
      From: frank_vittoe@...
      Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 15:03:08 -0400
      Subject: RE: [Starshield] Fantasy Star Gates?

      There are plenty of things that could happen at the Selesthian Ring Station, which is pretty much the heart of the Selesthian Protectorate of the Spider Queen Theocracy (long name!...can't believe I remember it all)...Erin Webstrider and Roman Vann were working on something both professional and private...and there are always plenty of oppurtunities for intrigue where the Spider Queen Theocracy is involved...the Dr'owe are a scheming bunch after all

      Frank

      To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
      From: archaen59@...
      Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:43:05 +0000

      I'd love to jump back into both Starscapes and Starshield. I think I hit an overload burnout phase when we were working on Starscapes -- heat wave during the summer, and loads of RL work to do. I think I'm back to better footing and would love to continue. Richard, Jason and I have a few story lines that need to be continued.
      Anyone up for a rendezvous at the Selesthian Ring Station, or Scnalon Station in Starscapes?

      Lowell

      To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
      From: abrigon@...
      Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 18:17:50 +0000

      Cool.. Will see about sharing with a writer or two or ??

      Mike

      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

      From: Richard McKinley <angus_macfirth@...>
      Sender: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 11:10:29 -0700 (PDT)
      To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com<starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com>
      ReplyTo: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com

      Starshield was a cooperative writing venture based upon a projected trilogy by Tracy Hickman.  Basically, reality is based upon a multi-verse concept, and the Q-Dex catalogued the unique set of technical and magical laws that governed each unique Q-Zone.  The website gave folks the chance to create their own star empire, subject to approval by the moderators.  It has nothing to do with the Stargate series, but a similar concept could be used in an empire if the creator chose to do so.  Of course, it would have to meet the requirements of the moderators, but once an empire was approved, its creator was free to write stories based in his or her empire, and post them to the website.  There were opportunities to interact with other empires, and a story could be written by one or more Starshield members.  They would communicate with one another, and come up with a joint storyline to follow.  Once all the writers had a chance to review what had been written by the others, they would post it on the forum, giving others an opportunity to read their combined story.  Tracy Hickman abandoned the original storyline after writing two novels, and gave each of the Starshield website members the copyright for their own created empires.  That's it in a nutshell.

    • Jennifer Taylor
      Message 2 of 22 , Jun 2, 2012
        I would love to back into it, I know I was only around for a brief bit. But as Frank could have told you (Frank's wife btw), I am rather shy, and uncertain of myself. I believe I had just started when it died off.

        Jennifer

        To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
        From: stilcho@...
        Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 12:36:44 -0300

        To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
        From: frank_vittoe@...
        Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 15:03:08 -0400

        To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
        From: archaen59@...
        Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:43:05 +0000

        To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
        From: abrigon@...
        Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 18:17:50 +0000

        From: Richard McKinley <angus_macfirth@...>
        Sender: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
        Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 11:10:29 -0700 (PDT)
        To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com<starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com>
[...]

      • Abrigon
        Message 3 of 22 , Jun 5, 2012
          So hwo to revieve it ad other like projects?

          Why I loved Chalkers "well of Souls " I think was the idea, of many
          separate realitties or zones..

          You can get from one to the other but its not easy.. The idea behind
          in part my SG1 idea of using peoples gaming worlds as star gate
          destinations.. Never know how it might go?

          Mike