Re: [Starshield] Fantasy Star Gates?

  • Abrigon Gusiq
    Message 1 of 22 , Mar 26, 2012
      So where did this thread all go to?

      How is all doing and whats up for one and all?

      Mike
      Alaska

      Star Base
      Star Gate
      Magic or super high tech, lost or just not understood?

      --- In starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com, Skyler <skyler_the_weird@...> wrote:

      > Wow.  I wish I had some time to port back the CDW/FDW.  Right now Skylark is the CMO of the Battlestar Pacifica in a Second Life Roleplay.  Arcadia is a Commander in Star Trek Online, and Skylark and Skyler(renamed Luna) were in my script submission to 'Caprica'
      >

      > which alas will have no season two (parallel thinking in that the FDW had its own version of 'Skin Jobs' and the 'Ark Kansas' blind jumped to escape its evil robots long before 'Pegasus' did way back in 1997.)
      >
      > Feel free to use them as NPC's

    • Ania Kovas
      Message 2 of 22 , Mar 27, 2012
        Alright all?

        I used a stargate in one of my fantasy campaigns, but the very first thing that the PC's did was blow it to smithereens.

        Current campaign set before that event, but no-one has any curiosity about the continent it is on.

        Oh well.

        Regards,

        Ania/Friday

        --

        _____________________________________
        Keeping back the fractal edged tide of chaos
        Message 3 of 22 , Mar 27, 2012
          Using the old Q-Dex system, perhaps StarGates wouldn't have to be anything more than high tech or high magic that will work only within a particular Q-Dex...I miss Starshield...ah, the glory days of the Spider Queen Theocracy...

          To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
          From: aniakovas@...
          Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 08:08:22 +0100
          Subject: Re: [Starshield] Fantasy Star Gates?

          --

          _____________________________________
          Keeping back the fractal edged tide of chaos
          82.05128% Geek

        • Richard McKinley
          Message 4 of 22 , Mar 27, 2012
            Yeah, Starshield was something special.  We tried to make another go of it in Starscapes, but I guess everyone's personal and professional lives got in the way.  Nice to hear from you all.  We wrote some great stories together, didn't we, Frank?
          • Frank Vittoe
            Message 5 of 22 , Mar 27, 2012
              yes indeed...good times that...good times!...we should start it up again

              To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
              From: angus_macfirth@...
              Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 05:45:43 -0700

            • abrigon@gmail.com
              Message 6 of 22 , Mar 27, 2012
                Tell more about what Star Shield is about and never know?

                yes indeed...good times that...good times!...we should start it up again

                To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                From: angus_macfirth@...
                Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 05:45:43 -0700

                Yeah, Starshield was something special.  We tried to make another go of it in Starscapes, but I guess everyone's personal and professional lives got in the way.  Nice to hear from you all.  We wrote some great stories together, didn't we, Frank?

              • Eiseg Feuer
                Message 7 of 22 , Mar 27, 2012
                  Or get him to write the last book! He can sell it online.

                  > Tell more about what Star Shield is about and never know?

                  [ Attachment, skipping... ]
                • Abrigon
                  Message 8 of 22 , Mar 27, 2012
                    I know Abrigon is high tech now lost, that appears to be Magic, and obeys the laws of magic, even if  those who know, know its not magic but holograms, broadcast power, transportors, pressors/tractors and nanites and power projection..

                    Maybe have one or some of the worlds as destinations, written up for a normal Star Gate game?

                    Or why should the SG team go thru what is canon? But to a world designed by a fan or ..

                    Mike

                    To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                    From: aniakovas@...
                    Date: Tue, 27 Mar 2012 08:08:22 +0100

                    --

                    _____________________________________

                    Message 9 of 22 , Mar 28, 2012
                      Starshield was a cooperative writing venture based upon a projected trilogy by Tracy Hickman.  Basically, reality is based upon a multi-verse concept, and the Q-Dex catalogued the unique set of technical and magical laws that governed each unique Q-Zone.  The website gave folks the chance to create their own star empire, subject to approval by the moderators.  It has nothing to do with the Stargate series, but a similar concept could be used in an empire if the creator chose to do so.  Of course, it would have to meet the requirements of the moderators, but once an empire was approved, its creator was free to write stories based in his or her empire, and post them to the website.  There were opportunities to interact with other empires, and a story could be written by one or more Starshield members.  They would communicate with one another, and come up with a joint storyline to follow.  Once all the writers had a chance to review what had been written by the others, they would post it on the forum, giving others an opportunity to read their combined story.  Tracy Hickman abandoned the original storyline after writing two novels, and gave each of the Starshield website members the copyright for their own created empires.  That's it in a nutshell.
                    • Mike Adamz
                      Message 10 of 22 , Mar 28, 2012
                        Cool.. Will see about sharing with a writer or two or ??

                        Mike
                        Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                        From: Richard McKinley <angus_macfirth@...>
                        Sender: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                        Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 11:10:29 -0700 (PDT)
                        To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com<starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com>
                        ReplyTo: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com

[...]
                      • Lowell B
                        Message 11 of 22 , Mar 29, 2012
                          I'd love to jump back into both Starscapes and Starshield. I think I hit an overload burnout phase when we were working on Starscapes -- heat wave during the summer, and loads of RL work to do. I think I'm back to better footing and would love to continue. Richard, Jason and I have a few story lines that need to be continued.
                          Anyone up for a rendezvous at the Selesthian Ring Station, or Scnalon Station in Starscapes?

                          Lowell

                          To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                          From: abrigon@...
                          Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 18:17:50 +0000

                          From: Richard McKinley <angus_macfirth@...>
                          Sender: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                          Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 11:10:29 -0700 (PDT)
                          To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com<starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com>

                          Message 12 of 22 , Mar 29, 2012
                            Lowell!  Words cannot express the joy I feel at hearing from you, my friend!  (Okay, maybe that's a bit too much.  :-)  )
                            Seriously, long time no see.  Glad to hear you've gotten your head back above water.  I was afraid you'd drowned.  My computer crashed (again), and I no longer have the URL for our StarScapes page.  I'd love to continue on our storyline.  ("She fell into the corn!  Nobody escapeons from the corn!", or something similar to that). And Princess Kitrianna has arrived at Scanlon Station, so there's an opportunity for interaction there.  I thought Starshield was pretty much defunct.  Is it possible to get it started up again?  Mike, here, says he wouldn't mind writing a cooperative storyline.  Do you have an empire, Mike?  If not, you might check out StarScapes, if Lowell would be kind enough to give us the URL.  It'd be a blast to get things rolling again.  What are your thoughts, Lowell?

                          • Lowell B
                            Message 13 of 22 , Mar 29, 2012
                              Can't. Stop. Writing. Just love it too much. The more the merrier. Great to hear from you too Richard. Sorry for falling of the face of the Earth and into the center of the galaxy. It's good to be back.

                              Here's Starscapes:

                              http://www.starscapes.proboards.com/

                              Lowell

                              To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                              From: angus_macfirth@...
                              Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 09:01:52 -0700

                              Message 14 of 22 , Mar 29, 2012
                                Dratted computer!  More typos.  Maybe my notebook is a synth, and playing tricks on me?  lol

                                From: angus_macfirth@...
                                Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 09:01:52 -0700

                                Message 15 of 22 , Mar 29, 2012
                                  There are plenty of things that could happen at the Selesthian Ring Station, which is pretty much the heart of the Selesthian Protectorate of the Spider Queen Theocracy (long name!...can't believe I remember it all)...Erin Webstrider and Roman Vann were working on something both professional and private...and there are always plenty of oppurtunities for intrigue where the Spider Queen Theocracy is involved...the Dr'owe are a scheming bunch after all

                                  Frank

                                  To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: archaen59@...
                                  Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:43:05 +0000

                                  To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                                  From: abrigon@...
                                  Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 18:17:50 +0000

                                  From: Richard McKinley <angus_macfirth@...>
                                  Sender: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                                  Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 11:10:29 -0700 (PDT)
                                  To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com<starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com>
[...]

                                • Mark Proctor
                                  Message 16 of 22 , Jun 1, 2012
                                    I could be interested in this. However, given my past, it may require someone else with a stick to prod me from time to time as I get distracted easily. :)
                                    I still think Starshield/Starscapes is a great idea with lots of potential for interesting stories and interaction between the different characters and locations.

                                    Mark

                                    To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: frank_vittoe@...
                                    Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 15:03:08 -0400

                                    To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: archaen59@...
                                    Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:43:05 +0000

                                    To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                                    From: abrigon@...
                                    Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 18:17:50 +0000

                                    From: Richard McKinley <angus_macfirth@...>
                                    Sender: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                                    Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 11:10:29 -0700 (PDT)
                                    To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com<starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com>
[...]

                                  • Jennifer Taylor
                                    Message 17 of 22 , Jun 2, 2012
                                      I would love to back into it, I know I was only around for a brief bit. But as Frank could have told you (Frank's wife btw), I am rather shy, and uncertain of myself. I believe I had just started when it died off.

                                      Jennifer

                                      To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                                      From: stilcho@...
                                      Date: Fri, 1 Jun 2012 12:36:44 -0300

                                      To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                                      From: frank_vittoe@...
                                      Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 15:03:08 -0400

                                      To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                                      From: archaen59@...
                                      Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 14:43:05 +0000

                                      To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                                      From: abrigon@...
                                      Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 18:17:50 +0000

                                      From: Richard McKinley <angus_macfirth@...>
                                      Sender: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                                      Date: Wed, 28 Mar 2012 11:10:29 -0700 (PDT)
                                      To: starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com<starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com>

                                      Message 18 of 22 , Jun 5, 2012
                                        So hwo to revieve it ad other like projects?

                                        Why I loved Chalkers "well of Souls " I think was the idea, of many
                                        separate realitties or zones..

                                        You can get from one to the other but its not easy.. The idea behind
                                        in part my SG1 idea of using peoples gaming worlds as star gate
                                        destinations.. Never know how it might go?

                                        Mike