OOC: [Starshield] Starshield] SM: Into the Unknown

  • archaen59
    Message 1 of 10 , May 4, 2007
      Stellar and everyone,

      I'll try and have my next post out sometime tomorrow.

      Lowell
    • octoberstudios
      Message 2 of 10 , May 6, 2007
        Corbett moved down the corridor at a nervous pace all to aware of
        the sounds of the charging Nightwalkers behind them. To his side the
        Dra'Keshi kept abreast, alert, yet hardly worried. Pausing slightly
        as if listening to a distant sound the Drak turned to the Archaen with a
        crafty grin.

        "Sounds as if your friend is not quite done toying with us yet. Be
        on alert for heavy weapon fire from possibly any direction..."

        "Heavy what?" retorted Trek in an alarmed voice.

        Looking towards the Dra'Keshi he watched as the warrior slapped his
        comm/badge. A voice replied over the device.

        "We are pinned down at the moment inside the mess hall, Sir. We
        have managed to secure nearly
        three dozen crew and are transporting them to the Crysallis 2 even
        now... A few are wounded, and
        most are experiencing various levels of shock and disorientation,
        however they appear otherwise
        stable and cooperative. Sadly, I don't know that we will be able to
        reach any others who might be
        holed up in less accessible areas of the vessel within the available
        time..."

        A pause broke over the response allowing Corbett to hear a barrage of
        gunfire and angry shouts. The Drak next to him responded.

        "Talon... I know this order may sound unreasonable and cruel at the
        moment, however I need you to listen
        closely and do exactly as I say..."

        "Sorry Sir, I couldn't read that, please repeat. Things are getting
        rather loud down here at the moment... "

        Through the badge's speaker Trek could hear more gun fire break out.

        "If we lose contact we will rendezvous on Crys 2... (static) Five
        minutes (static) ...no Drak casualties (static) ...t
        two or three... (static) ... just a flesh wound." (signal lost)

        "By Gamma's Tongue!!" cursed the Dra'Keshi as he followed Trek
        occasionally smacking his badge in hopes of regaining a signal to his
        squad leader.

        "This may sound callous, but I must mention that if we haven't met
        up with those you are hoping to find in the next couple
        minutes, we are going to have to teleport out of here without
        them... I have orders to recover you specifically from my
        captain and prince, Dylen'Valik of the Dra'Keshi empire."

        Trek gave the Drak an astonished look.

        "Wait ... your Crown Prince is here?" he began when he noticed the
        targeting laser on the Dra'Keshi's forehead.

        Whirling he saw nothing as he pulled his own weapon and narrowed his
        eyes. Standing in the intersection of two crossing corridors they
        were twenty meters away from the Life Pod Bay. Suddenly, the air
        churned in the shape of a man as Vestis Tartare's dropped his Blend
        spell and reappeared with his Energy pistol aimed at the Drak warrior.

        "Trek ... move away from him," sneered the Omnet Agent through
        clinched teeth. To his surprise the Archaen placed himself between
        the two men.

        "I know Thirteen's M.O. He'll possess the biggest and most powerful
        sentient he can find. Stand ... away ... from the ... Drak!"

        "Hold it!" shouted Trek with out stretched arms. "You've got it
        wrong. He's with us!"

        Risking a quick glance he knew the Dra'Keshi behind him was holding
        himself back with considerable restraint. That's when he saw
        everything happen at once.

        Behind him the Nightwalkers charged.

        Before him Tartare took aim.

        Down the left corridor Sergeant Esparr and his men rushed towards them.

        Down the right -- his blood chilled -- Prison Thirteen stood in the
        body of the Undead Argonaut. Hefting a body mounted plasma canon the
        Necromancer stalked towards them, with gums bleeding as he grinned.

        *This can't be good,* thought Trek.

        He expected he had only a few seconds to live.
      • Stellar StarElven
        Message 3 of 10 , May 6, 2007
          Behind him the Nightwalkers charged.

          Before him Tartare took aim.

          Down the left corridor Sergeant Esparr and his men rushed towards them.

          Down the right -- his blood chilled -- Prison Thirteen stood in the
          body of the Undead Argonaut. Hefting a body mounted plasma canon the
          Necromancer stalked towards them, with gums bleeding as he grinned.

          *This can't be good,* thought Trek.

          He expected he had only a few seconds to live.
          Time seemed to grind to a halt as Scar took in the precarious situation and processed the limited options with his finely honed, veteran mind.  The man ahead of them pointing a weapon was quite obviously suffering from intense paranoia as well as a severe level of shock.  Scar did not need to look to his right to know that the possessed creature with the heavy weapon was there.  The Drak squad commander was not certain if the group coming up the left were friend or foe, however as they exibited heat signatures within his thermal sensative vision, he could at least be secure that they were not animated constructs.

          Even as time hung at a precarious standstill, Scar's comm badge finally regained the signal and the voice of Talon broadcast within the tight intersection for all to hear.

          "Sir, we are away, all those we could rescue are safely aboard.  You are the only Drak unaccounted for presently.  We crossed paths with another group of friendlies and rescued a total of 48.  The captain is holding at T-minus 15 seconds before we must move to safe distance...  The time to exit is now or never, sir..."

          A low growl emenated from Scar's fanged grin as time slowly resumed it's normal flow in a flurry of action.  "Trek, duck!"  The veteran Drak commander bellowed and did not wait for comfirmation before swinging into action.

          Thankfully crewman Trek appeared to have excellent mental and physical reflexes and dropped flat onto the deck as Scar whirled and slapped Tartare's hand to reposition the firearm down the corridor inhabited by the possessed corpse.  The Vestis yanked the trigger reflexively sending a single shot dead center into the forehead of the heavily armed zombie.  The contining momentum of the manuever carried the flat side of the weapon through to connect with Tartare's forehead and knocked the man out cold.

          Continuing around in the motion of his maneuver, Scar let the now limp Vestis drop to the deck beside Trek and stood protectively with his back toward the animated corpse.  The sharp smell of plasma filled the corridor as the construct opened fire and merged with an even sharper scent of ozone as the entire group infront of and including Scar were transported into the waiting arrival bay upon Crysallis 2.

          The deafening sound of plasma fire cut off instantly as the transport occured as Trek, the unconscious Tartare, Sergeant Esparr and his men, and Scar all appeared out of thin air.  Scar snarled loudly and collapsed with severe plasma burns along the upper portion of his back, shoulders and right arm.  Automatic suppression systems instantly dissipated what little of the plasma had made the transition during teleport.  Four waiting Betas lifted the injured squad commander and rushed him to the infirmary without pause.

          On a small monitor to one side of the chamber an image of prince Dylen appeared and stated in an official tone.  "I would like to meet with the top 3 persons of authority among the survivors within my ready room in 5 minutes.  These Betas will escort you..."  As the last was spoken a door panel slid open and a group of 6 identical crystalline beings stood ready to lead the indicated personel.

          As the three ranking survivors were ushered down a long hall by the Betas, the remaining rescuees finally found a moment to relax and thank whatever divinities they believed in at having been saved.  One among them, a huge bear of a man dressed in a guard's uniform coughed softly and cupped his hand over his mouth.  Drawing the appendage around to his side quickly yet discretely as he tossed a small number of dislodged teeth into a nearby recycling unit, and a moment later he was called to have his injuries treated by the available medical personel.  Expertly trained medics quickly assessed the scratches to his neck and arm and began appropriate treatment immediately.

          Outside the vessel, Crysallis 2 had moved to safe distance as the countdown for self destruct of the prison transport entered it's final seconds.

          in 45,000 destinations on Yahoo! Travel
          to find your fit.
        • octoberstudios
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 2, 2007
            GU SS Fierce Light
            Galactic Union Prison Transport Ship
            En Route to Mnemen VI
            Off the shoulder of the Dra'Keshi Q-Dex

            "Trek, duck!" shouted Scar. Corbett didn't need to be told twice. Hitting the deck he fired at the line of Nightwalkers coming at them before he sensed the quick movements above him. With a deft snap of his hand the Drak warrior standing over him slapped Tartare's own pistol shot aside before knocking the Vestis out cold with a single strike to the head. The Omnet Agent drop senselessly next to him on the floor.

            Covering his with his own body Trek turned and watched to his horror as the possessed body of the Argonaut Nightwalker, a creature controlled by the Necromancer know only as Thirteen, swung its plasm canon their way and fired.

            Corbett closed his eyes.

            His stomach lurched as if the floor below had suddenly dropped plunging him in a zero gravity free fall. He braced himself wondering if this was what death was like. Time expanded, then as soon as the sensation had begun it ceased and once more he felt solid ground beneath him.

            Slowly the journalism student squeezed an eye. They were ...

            Above him the Dra'keshi warrior who had saved him on more than one occasion snarled in pain before collapsing to the deck of a room - a different room and place from where they were before.

            *Teleportation,* said a voice in the back of his mind.

            Nodding to himself he rose to his feet in time to see that both Vestis Tartare, Sergeant Esparr and his men were with him as well. Moving towards the fallen Dra'keshi he was brushed aside by what looked to be four crystalline humanoid constructs. each one lifted the injured Drak and rushed him where Trek hoped would be a Sick Bay.

            *Goddess,* he thought to himself. The Dra'keshi's back was riddled with plasma burns. He had taken Thirteen's barrage with his own body while they were 'ported out of there. The man was willing to sacrifice himself ...  for strangers. Next to him Tartare groggily rose to his feet.

            "Who ... the hell ... hit me?" asked the Vestis. He looked at Trek, then Esparr.

            "By the nine, feels like I've been hit by a planet ..."

            Corbett touched his shoulder and hooked his chin towards a nearby wall.

            On a small monitor to one side of the chamber an image of prince Dylen appeared and stated in an official tone.

            "I would like to meet with the top 3 persons of authority among the survivors within my ready room in 5 minutes.  These Betas will escort you..."  As the last was spoken a door panel slid open and a group of 6 identical crystalline beings stood ready to lead the indicated personnel.

            The Vestis brushed off his tunic as he opened his mouth and rolled his swollen jaw.

            "RIght. Esparr, Trek, you're with me."

            As the three ranking survivors were ushered down a long hall by the Betas Corbett took in their surroundings. The ship was impressive, and a small part of him wondered if he could do a story on the jump in Dra'Keshi technology, but the larger part of him doubted the danger they were in was far from over.

            Seconds later the trio entered an impressive looking ward room. Sitting behind a majestic desk was Prince Dylen himself. Corbett began to lower his head as his arms came together in an Archaen salutation when he heard another voice to his side.

            "Corey!"

            The voice was familiar, one that jumped his heart into a higher gear. Looking over he saw the one person he never expected to see again.

            "Cynthia!"

            Rushing over he took her hands as he grinned - laughed in undisguised jubilation.

            "Ishtar ... what are you doing here?"

            The Dreamer arched her eyebrows in a Dreamer's smile as she glanced over towards the Prince. Trek felt his blood draw cold.

            "Goddess, my manners!"

            Turning back towards the Dra'keshi Prince the Archaen crossed his arms in a tight fisted 'X' and dropped to one knee.

            "Your Highness, forgive my rudeness. I ... I am in Corbett Trek of the August Empire of Archaen. I am in your debt ...  and at your service."

            Rising the journalist kept his head bowed.

            "Knock it off, Trek. You act like you've never met a Prince before," said Tartare in a gruff voice. "But I suppose since thanks are being give, you have my as well ... er ... your Highness."

            With that the Omnet Vestis crossed his arms over his chest as he turned to the Centurion at his side.

            "This Sergeant Esparr. Now ... what's the situation ... ?

            Suddenly, the entire vessel lightly shook. Outside in the vacuum of space the SS Fierce Light self-destructed.

            ____________________________

            OOC: Sorry for the delay on this. No excusses, just couldn't get to it until now.

          • Stellar StarElven
            Message 5 of 10 , Jun 3, 2007
              Dylen supressed a smirk at the exchange between his science officer and the recently rescued Corbett Trek.  Even despite his effort however, the corners of his lips twitched ever so slightly in an effort to display his amusement.  The Dra'Keshi captain was not the least surprised to learn that a Trek was among the survivors as that family name was rather reknown among Drak kind.

              The prince braced one palm against the smooth console table before him as the Crys shuddered ever so slightly from the shock waves of the prison ship's destruction.  Lifting the same hand he gestured smoothly for all present to be seated within the comfortable liquid crystal chairs arrayed around the table.

              "I wish to know the circumstances and events which led up to the destruction of..."  Dylen tapped a data image within the crystal table's surface and continued.  "...the SS Fierce Light, so as to better answer any and all questions which are directed to me regarding the incident."  The young prince began.  "However, first please tell me this.  Was it one of you who I sent my Commander to bring back alive?  If so I wish to hear from that individual first and foremost."

              ***

              Several decks below in a mostly deserted section of the Drak battleship, a solitary rescuee paused within one corridor junction which unfortunately for him looked exactly like every other one that he had passed through for the past few minutes.  He had become seperated from the escort group leading them to temporary quarters when a troop of short crystal men had rushed by carrying an obviously badly injured Dra'Keshi.

              His eyes caught sight of something on the surface of the crystalline walls and he sighed with relief as he realized it was a layout map of the entire deck with touch interface for directions and an AI response button for vocalized questions.  Reaching up to press the AI button, the rescued crewman did not notice a door slide open behind him and a muscular, claw-scarred arm yanked him backward into the room as the door slid silently closed again.

              ***

              Long range sensors had located no detectable life signs in the several minutes since the destruct explosion had abated.  The stand in junior officer at the science station relayed that information in data form onto the Captain's ready room table as was standard procedure.

              Yahoo! Answers - Check it out.
            • octoberstudios
              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 7, 2007
                Crysallis 2
                Dra'Keshi flagship
                Prince Dylen's Ready Room

                It took Cory a concerted effort not to look back to Cynthia as a
                thousand questions flooded his mind. What was she doing here? Last he
                saw her he thought she was on her way to ...

                He didn't want to think about it, but it seemed the House of Penn had
                managed to steer her clear of the troubles she was in. Hell, he
                thought, he wouldn't be surprised that she was given an Imperial
                pardon, or ...

                This time he did look at her with a wondrous expression.

                Had she been exiled from the Empire? The Prince was talking now
                forcing Trek to turn back.

                "I wish to know the circumstances and events which led up to the
                destruction of..." Dylen tapped a data image within the crystal
                table's surface and continued. "...the SS Fierce Light, so as to
                better answer any and all questions which are directed to me
                regarding the incident." The young prince began. "However, first
                please tell me this. Was it one of you who I sent my Commander to
                bring back alive? If so I wish to hear from that individual first and
                foremost."

                Tartare cleared his throat and stepped forward.

                "That would be me, your Highness. I'm Vestis Forzar Tartare."

                The Omnet agent stared at the monitor and the expanding debris field
                of what was once the SS. Fierce Light.

                "By the Nine ... where do I start?" groaned the Vestis. Wiping a hand
                down his face the reporter took a deep breath and turned back to the
                people in the room.

                "What I'm about to tell you I once thought was best kept a secret --
                still do in fact, but
                too many good people have died to protect that knowledge. In
                truth ... I was on my way
                to broadcast what we had discovered as a galactic wide newscast."

                He looked down.

                "It was to be the crowning achievement of my career before my
                retirement."

                Glancing up he studied the monitor with a plaintive expression.

                "I'm afraid that won't happen now."

                Taking a cleansing breath he continued.

                "Six galactic standard months ago an artifact was discovered on a pre-
                industrial world within the confines of a Lesser Empire called the
                Blinding Glance. It's a small Q-Dex centered by double blue stars.
                The artifact was smuggled out by a rogue group of United Anarchist
                Collective agents. That's how the Omnet became involved."

                "Honor-Tartare," began Cynthia. "What was this artifact that was
                discovered?"

                The Vestis studied the Dreamer as if she seemed familiar.

                "And you are ... ? Because you're sure as hell aren't Dra'Keshi?"
                said the Vestis in a
                suspicious tone as he looked into the Dreamer's gas-fire blue eyes.

                "Dr. Cynthia Crafton. I am Prince Dylen's Science Officer."

                "Doctor?" piped up Trek. "Cynthia ... I hadn't realized you had
                finished your studies," said the young journalist with a jubilant tone.

                "Congratulaaaaa ... aaaand we can talk about this later. Yeah,
                sorry," he finished as he noticed the stern glances from Prince Dylen
                and Tartare.

                "Thank you," said the Vestis. "The artifact has gone by many names,
                Dr. Crafton - The Stone
                of Vall, Tosh's Horn, and its latest incarnation ... the Ebonn Blade."

                "Latest incarnation?" asked Cynthia.

                "Yes," replied the Vestis with a soft nod.

                "There has been evidence of the artifact's existence in the history
                of numerous cultures
                and civilizations."

                The Prince held up a hand.

                "Wait. You make it sound like this artifact can ... "

                "Change forms?" finished the Vestis with arched eyebrows. "That's
                because it can.
                I know this sounds crazy but I think the artifact does so because ...
                it's trying to get
                somewhere. To do that it takes on the form that appeals to the user
                it seeks?"

                "Vestis Tartare your words seem to suggest that this artifact is ...
                alive,
                if not sentient," said Dr. Crafton.

                Tartare gave the Dreamer a fervent look.

                "May the gods help us, but I think it is."

                A tense silence filled the room.

                "Alive or not, what kind of force were you dealing with Vestis
                Tartare?" asked the Prince.
                "What exactly does this artifact do?"

                Tartare crossed his arms over his chest.

                "I think it's a key, your highness. Like I said, in it's latest
                incarnation it was called the Ebonn Blade, but its formal name is
                Ebonn, the Realm Cleaver. It's purported that the artifact can
                open a rift ... a portal to another dimension."

                The Prince tilted his head. "A portal to where?"

                Tartare shrugged again.

                "Who can say? Heaven, hell ... what you call the after life. What
                matters is the
                possessor has the ability to pull things through."

                "What kinds of ... things?" asked Cynthia.

                The agent's look was deadly serious.

                "Deceased love ones, doctor. Type V Demons, Hell, maybe even gods
                themselves.
                Whether it's true of not doesn't matter, what does are the desires of
                those who wish
                to have it," finished the Vestis with a clinched fist.

                "Is that what happened on the Fierce Light?" inquired the Prince.
                "Was the ship destroyed
                because of this artifact?"

                "Ultimately ... yes, but like I said our story starts months ago ... "

                Turning the Vestis looked at Trek.

                " ... oddly enough with young Mr. Trek here."

                The line of the Archaen's mouth pulled tight."

                "Yeah ... I, ah ... kind of stole the Ebonn blade myself," confessed
                the grad student.

                "Cory?" said the Dreamer in a tone that was nearly emotional.

                "It's not what you think," replied the Archaen as he shook his head.
                "Months ago I was able
                to infiltrate the UAC ship as part of a story I was writing for the
                Archaen News.Net
                It was freelance piece, but I wanted something unprecedented ... you
                know
                something big."

                "Yer luck yeh weren't skinned alive, kid" said Esparr. "If those
                thugs had found out who
                you really were ... "

                "It was worth the risk," said Cory.

                "How did you manage to get aboard?" asked Cynthia.

                "I was the ship's cook."

                The occupants of the room shared skeptical looks.

                "What? I can cook!" half shouted Trek with wounded pride. The young
                Archaen placed his
                fist on his hips. "Seriously."

                "All right, we believe you, Cory," said Tartare. "Go on."

                Nodding, Cory did.

                "All right, about a week ago while on the Black Dragon ... the UAC
                ship, I finally learned
                what they had stolen from the Blinding Glance, but more I found that
                they were to deliver
                the Ebonn Blade to the man who hired them to steal it ... Thirteen."

                "Thirteen?" asked Dylen.

                "In truth ... on one knows him name," said Tartare "Only that he's a
                Necromancer of the Thirteenth level, and one of the most dangerous
                beings I've ever met."

                "Well, he's dead now," said Trek, " and that's all that matters."

                All eyes strayed to the room's view monitor and the burning remnants
                of the Fierce Light.

                "Anyway, I managed to sabotage the Dragon's primary systems, grab the
                Blade and make
                my escape in a shuttle craft. I had traveled a full day at FTL when
                they found me."

                "I guess that's where I come in," said Tartare. "I had been
                traveling with a maniple of
                Vestis on an Omnet Centurion ship in pursuit of the Black Dragon.
                When Trek disabled their
                cloak we locked on a pursuit course. The chase lead to a small
                planetoid where
                Trek managed to hide the shuttle on the surface. That's when we hit
                them. We disable
                the Dragon and captured the crew. When we transported to the surface
                to fine Trek ...
                that's when Thirteen hit us."

                Tartare paused to gather his thoughts.

                "I've faced everything from suicidal Ghoiites to mad Demi-elementals.
                I would
                have traded either of them than face the thing that came at us that
                day. I ...
                we hit Thirteen with everything we had - spells, energy weapons ...
                mind attacks.
                Of my five colleagues ... I was the only one to survive, but we
                managed to defeat
                him."

                "How?" asked Cynthia.

                "We placed him a Tanta-void, a stasis exist between life and death.
                It was the only
                way to capture him. Gods, I think that was the worse day of my
                life ..." said the Vestis with a terse expression. With a heavy
                breath he continued.

                "In time a prison transport ship was call in to gather the Dragon's
                crew and Thirteen.
                We rescued Trek and recovered the Ebonn Blade. In truth I thought it
                was the end
                of our story."

                "It wasn't," Cory said with his own heavy tone. "We were only a few
                days out from
                Mnemen VI when someone flooded the Light's environmental system with
                Varon
                gas killing nearly everyone on board. But worse, the void field
                Thirteen was placed
                in was nullified, allowing him to escape. That's when all hell broke
                loose."

                "And where your Highness and his crew came in," added the Vestis.

                "Sir, If I may ... " began Sergeant Esparr. "This begs the one
                question we haven't answered," said the Centurion."

                "Aye ... " said Tartare. "Who sabotaged the Fierce Light and helped
                Thirteen escape?"

                "Worse, sir," added Trek. "Did they escape ... and managed to get on
                board with the other
                survivors?"

                _______________________

                OOC: Special thanks to Stellar for his suggestions and proofs
              • Stellar StarElven
                Message 7 of 10 , Jun 7, 2007
                  The "survivor" began making his way toward the engineering section of the Crysallis 2, as if guided by some unseen force alone.  He ducked quickly into a side passage as a pair of small crystal humanoids approached, chittering in some odd form of communication that he could not begin to understand.  Growing impatient by leaps and bounds as he was forced to take cover to avoid detection several more times as a second and third pair of the creatures were sighted.  Each of them seemingly speaking an endless barrage of chatter which registered as nothing more than meaningless noise to the "survivor".

                  ***

                  Prince Dylen's eyes widened ever so slightly at Trek's suggestion and his usually upturned lips made a decided turn downward to become even and straight for a tense moment.  Pressing an icon withing the table's virtual display, the captain ordered a full scan of the wreckage and surrounding area.  When a moment later the response came back and after a long moment of reading over the data scrolling across his data screen, Dylen nodded with resolve and keyed the bridge comm.

                  "Science, locate the nearest Omnet outpost or vessel and relay coordinates to navigation.  Navigation, set course for the coordinates as soon as you receive them and make maximum speed.  And Security...  Set alert status 1 aboard ship.  This is not a drill.  That is all."

                  Closing the comm. and pausing a moment before continuing, Dylen explained to those present who might not be familiar with Dra'Keshi procedures.

                  "I cannot endanger civilian lives in this, so we will offload all the survivors while scanning them with tech, magic, and psychic probes to try and determine if any of them are not who or what they appear to be.  Once I am satisfied that all non-combatants are safely away, including either of you if you desire to depart there.  Should you remain you will be considered as "volunteers" and you must sign a waiver releasing the Dra'Keshi empire of any responsibility in case of your becoming injured or deceased...  Status 1 is a medium alert level, Status 0 being normal operation, 2 being red, and 3 being critical.  Status 1 is used when a serious threat is possible, but not yet verified.  Status 2 is..."

                  The comm beeped suddenly and unlike previous times during the meeting, the standby science officer spoke aloud through the comm. rather than sending a text or data message silently to the VR surface.  "Captain...Prince, err Sir!  We have detected an anomaly, it seems to have latched or tethered itself to the Crysallis by some as yet unknown force or power and is matching our exact speed and heading.  The object is egg-shaped, approx 3 meters long and 2 meters wide.  At present it has been maintaining position directly behind the arc of our rear shields..."

                  Dylen paused a moment before responding.  "Understood.  Maintain current course and speed, attempt an internal scan, and report the results to my VR...  Excellent work by the way, you were right to interrupt with that, and please...simply use Captain when we are off-empire...  Dylen out."

                  Looking to those present in his ready room, Dylen sighed softly and continued.  "Well, either that is this Ebonn artifact, or we have something else to deal with also.  I have the betas running security sweeps of all decks and they are keeping constant comm. open status with our AI, so if any of them go silent we will have a pinpoint on any potential risk aboard ship."

                  Pausing a moment as if hesitant to speak more candidly, Dylen seemed to resolve himself and offered in a somewhat confiding manner.  "This is not exactly how I hoped my first mission commanding our flagship would go...  See I was hoping for something more saucer shaped..."  Dylen grinned lightheartedly while mimicing the indicated shape with his hands and chuckling softly to break the thick tension and silence which had settled within the room.

                  "Is there anything else that any of you can think of which might be relevant or useful to this present situation, anything at all you wish to add.... or retract, Dylen concluded while looking sharply toward the Vestis."

                • Stellar StarElven
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jun 30, 2007
                    Before any further response might be offered, the entire room lurched to one side and the lights dimmed briefly.  A feeling a vertigo swept through the vessel as the artificial gravity was briefly interrupted and then restored.

                    Dropping back into his seat somewhat roughly, Dylen slammed the comm button.  "Report!"

                    "Captain.  I was unable to get any reading on the internal scan of the object, in fact when I tried some type of feedback wave knocked out all our sensors and several other systems were also briefly disrupted.  The betas are working to repair the sensors, but for the moment we are blind..."  The nervous voice of the stand-in science officer responded over the comm. and then fell silent to await further instructions.

                    Patching in the comm. for the navigation station on the bridge, Dylen ordered all stop and to maintain shields at maximum.

                    Turning his gaze to those present in the ready room, the Dra'Keshi prince spoke plainly.  "As I see it we have a few options, none of which seems particularly pleasant.  I can send a squad of Draks out to try and tow that object away from us and hope that we can break whatever tether it has to us.  We could proceed on course to the nearest outpost, but with that thing on us it would most certainly get on station and that would likely be very bad.  We could try blasting it, but not knowing it's internal structure, I have no idea what our weapons would do to it or us...  There is also the distinct possibility that we have an unfriendly on board who could do any manner of damage until he can be discovered and appropriately confined or dealt with.  At present trying to tow the thing away seems to me the best of our options, but if I am missing any ideas, please feel welcome to offer them..."

                    It's here! Your new message!