Re: [Starshield] PBeM: Starshield Elites - Risper

  • styraxian@netscape.net
    Message 1 of 71 , Jun 2, 2006
      Riven Mining Colony
      Ore Carrier Docking Bay

      Risper shakes his head in disbelief of his somewhat unfortunate luck.
      In mid-stride he leaps up into the air, higher than most humans, and
      unfurls his black feathered wings. With a couple of flaps he takes
      quickly to the air and flies towards the open hatchway, remaining high
      enough not to be seen by the security detachment. He nimbly lands on a
      ledge above the entrance, pulls out his gun that shoots the metallic
      net and waits patiently. As a side thought he speaks into his com
      badge, "Drake, six guards coming through the main entrance. Be ready.
      Any chance of reprogramming the droid?"

      ********

      "Tsk tsk. You are light on the brains side. Do you think I would not
      anticipate you having security systems in place? What is more amazing
      is that you need them to beat little me? Some type of guard you are. Oh
      help me, help me. I got a fly on my back and can't swat it! Here's the
      deal brute: call down the drone or you will have a blood bath - your
      own blood bath. Got it? Now, I'll get off your back as soon as you call
      the drone off and we'll talk this over a nice hot toddy, Ok?"

      ____________________________________

      A puzzling gnashing sound reaches your ear. At first you mistaken it
      for the sound of the Security Drone's mecha-legs when you
      realize its actually the sound of the Gorgon's teeth grinding
      together. Relunctantlyt he answers.

      "Drone-VI... stand down."

      To your relief you watch as the Drone lowers and powers down its
      Plasma Cannon, while folding in its compliment of mini-missiles.

      "Enjoy your victory while you can, buzzard. Our control center's all
      ready
      note the drone's activity. A security detail's already on it's way."

      The low sound of a silencer coughs behind you as Drake expertly
      picks off several camera pods positioned throughout the room. It's
      clear now why Eve landed the repair barge where she did - a blind-
      spot in the Ore bay's surveillance grid.

      "He's right, they'll be here in minutes," shouts the Dreamer as she
      springs out of the pod's cargo hatch.

      With a smooth grace she removes a pair of shackles form her belt and
      cuffs the Gorgon's arms, removes his weapons and picks up his energy
      rifle. Without hesitation she rams the butt between the Gorgon's
      shoulder blades and shoves him towards the hatch. With a crunching
      snap his muzzles is lifted by the business end of Drake's blaster.
      Getting the message the guard climbs aboard. Moments later Morris
      emerges followed by Drake himself who seals the hatch behind him.

      "Risper. Eve" he shouts, "Secure the entrance. "I've got the drone,
      and dock-master's stations. Falcone, blow the
      entrance to the mine below. MOVE EVERYONE - NOW!"

      As one the team hits the ground running. Both you and Eve sprint
      across the chamber brandishing your weapons. Fortunately the bay's
      mostly empty save for a small maintenance crew who flop to the floor
      on Eve's command. As she stops to secure them you're on your own as
      you dash for the chamber's main entrance. Ahead you notice a wide
      set of tracks mounted on the floor - cargo rails, that branch off in
      three directions. Left goes to a wide, sealed portal labeled Alpha
      Mine, straight - Beta Mine, and right - Gamma mine. To the direct
      right of the tracks, mounted in the center of the Bay, is the wide
      platform of a cargo-lift, ingress to the lower levels you surmise.

      Pushing closer you spot a Quantum shuttle moored against the far
      right wall, while also scattered ahead are several unmanned gravity-
      carts. Between one such cart and the heavy doors of the Beta Mine is
      the main entrance, a closed double steel door with a com-panel next
      to it.

      Detecting your approach it slides open, allowing you to see a wide
      corridor stretching ahead. The passage is well light for the first
      thirty meters before it drops into darkness.

      Movement disturbs it - squad of six well armed men rushing your way.

      ____________________________________

      A map of the Ore bay can be seen at this address:

      http://f1.grp.yahoofs.com/v1/kABYRHjbrbnsqrCKHw8vp9Q1-
      rCMXQbizeyAzZGXGkCQ6UZtbgUsEFT-T6rZPmQImQTuxoaAHdYYaOPBNdwRvDT-
      HtTtj8I/Starshield%20Elites/Ore%20bay.jpg

      Starshield Listserve, Copyright Various Authors 1998-2005.

      Yahoo! Groups Links

      Try the New Netscape Mail Today!
      http://mail.netscape.com
    • octoberstudios
      Message 71 of 71 , Sep 6, 2006
        Yeah, fortunately the Omnium to dollar exchange is great right now. Plus I have a lot of... ahem 'photos' on several of those A list actors that give me cache in the contract negotiations.

        Lowell

        On Sep 5, 2006, at 7:55 PM, Skyler wrote:

        That's one expensive cast!

        http://mail.yahoo.com