Re: New file uploaded to starshield-rpg

  • EP Healy
    Message 1 of 24 , Dec 1, 2005
      > archaen wrote:
      > ...could you give us a break down on how to use it.

      Lowell, it's really the same thing as the Technology and Mystic
      Science Reference Circles found on page 113 of the Starshield Online
      RPG. The "c-ring" is just the original drawing I did when we were
      working on the RPG. Obviously, it couldn't go into the finished
      product, as is, so someone with more artistic ability than I made the
      one you've all seen.

      Now, I think the one I made included the Mystic naming conventions we
      were using at the time. Things changed a little as time went on, and
      the Q-dex was rewritten (over and over again). In the original, what
      is known as Enchanted Mana Linear was called Set Mana. I'm sure
      you'll notice the other changes if you stare at it long enough.

      If I recall, and it's been years since I looked at Starshield
      mechanics, if you were from a Life Nodal reality, the technology and
      mystic sciences you were used to would work normally. However, as you
      move around the circle from your home reality, things start breaking
      down. Once you get to the other side of the circle (Life Bipolar in
      this example) nothing works the way you are used to - almost like a
      complete opposite reality from where you originated.

      Someone who's used the system more currently than I could probably
      explain things better. That, or you already knew it and simply didn't
      know what Set Mana et al meant.

      Anyway, I thought you Starshield junkies might like to see a little
      bit of history. Enjoy!
    • EP Healy
      Message 2 of 24 , Dec 1, 2005
        Thanks for the long response, Lowell. I actually had my own little
        piece of Starshield "way back when." If you go to
        http://www.geocities.com/Area51/7587/haemo.html, you can see it listed
        (Akat Covek). Unfortunately, the link doesn't work b/c I let it lapse
        (it was on GeoCities).

        Now, there _used_ to be a site that had a map of the world. Every
        participant had a dot where they lived, with a link to the website for
        their section of the multiverse. It was awesome - too bad it's gone.
      • octoberstudios
        Message 3 of 24 , Dec 1, 2005
          EP,

          Actually, it's not gone. Jeremy Hussell redid it. Here's the link:

          http://starshield.50megs.com/Cartography/JerMap.html

          Lowell
        • dark
          Message 4 of 24 , Dec 2, 2005
            Wow, that really is a blast from the past. Came across that drawing
            previously, back in early 2000 and it was old then ^^ Certainly a
            good concept and most discussions on how to actually implement a
            system of levelling were based on it or similar. Nothing ever came of
            these after the EPG was scrapped, but interested parties can check
            them out back near the start of the yahoo archives:

            P.S. Lowell, I had no problem accessing the file from yahoo using
            Safari. Is your version up to date?

            On 2 Dec 2005, at 02:27, EP Healy wrote:

            > Anyway, I thought you Starshield junkies might like to see a little
            > bit of history. Enjoy!

            -----
            http://www.livejournal.com/~signius/
          • Frank Vittoe
            Message 5 of 24 , Dec 2, 2005
              Lowell

              just a notification...the fanfiction links in the email didn't work...

              Frank
              "Faith is not belief without proof, but trust without reservations." --Elton
              Trueblood

            • archaen59
              Message 6 of 24 , Dec 2, 2005
                EP,

                I do remember your site from the old days. Hey, what stoping you from posting on the LS?
                Old and new blood is always welcomed.

                Lowell
              • archaen59
                Message 7 of 24 , Dec 2, 2005
                  Frank,

                  Don't you just love computers? I check the link and it worked for me, but it may be bias
                  towards my computer or server. Anyone seeking to find the stories mentioned in the OOC:
                  Hello post go to:

                  Fanfiction.net

                  Click the link for Books and look for the Starshield link.

                  On the Ss page you'll find a number of stories posted by our members - hint some have
                  never received reviews, so R&R them if you can.

                  Lowell
                • EP Healy
                  Message 8 of 24 , Dec 2, 2005
                    > I do remember your site from the old days. Hey, what stoping you
                    from posting on the LS?

                    Time, time and... time. I may try to a little, but I can't guarantee
                    anything.

                    Ed
                  • Skyler
                    Message 9 of 24 , Dec 2, 2005
                      Leveling.  Mind Spinning.  Reality Alters. Aiiieeeee

                      Yahoo! Personals
                    • Skyler
                      Message 10 of 24 , Dec 2, 2005
                        Some of that stuff is still on Frank Torkel's K.I.D. site

                        Yahoo! Shopping
                      • archaen59
                        Message 11 of 24 , Dec 3, 2005
                          Ed,

                          No problem, I understand. Even a simple IC newspost would add to the Ss tapestry.

                          Lowell
                        • archaen59
                          Message 12 of 24 , Dec 3, 2005
                            Hey Skyler,

                            Thanks for the link. Yeah the K.I.D. is another great Ss resource.

                            Lowell
                          • Frank Vittoe
                            Message 13 of 24 , Dec 4, 2005
                              thanks Lowell...I'll check them out...btw, we got some unfinished stories
                              (aren't all of them that way?...lol)...that need working on...

                              Message 14 of 24 , Mar 5, 2006
                                Hello,

                                a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the starshield-rpg
                                group.

                                File : /Starshield Elites/Ore bay.jpg
                                Uploaded by : archaen59 <octoberstudios@...>
                                Description : Ore Carrier Bay

                                You can access this file at the URL:

                                Regards,

                                archaen59 <octoberstudios@...>
                              • starshield-rpg@yahoogroups.com
                                Message 15 of 24 , Mar 5, 2006
                                  Hello,

                                  a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the starshield-rpg
                                  group.

                                  File : /Starshield Elites/Frigate-Bay.gif
                                  Uploaded by : archaen59 <octoberstudios@...>
                                  Description : Hidden Frigate Bay

                                  Message 16 of 24 , Mar 5, 2006
                                    Hello,

                                    a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the starshield-rpg
                                    group.

                                    File : /Starshield Elites/Barge.jpg
                                    Uploaded by : archaen59 <octoberstudios@...>
                                    Description : Eve's Repair Barge

                                    Message 17 of 24 , Jun 3, 2006
                                      Hello,

                                      a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the starshield-rpg
                                      group.

                                      File : /Omnet Catalogue of Contact/Omnet Catalogue of Contact File
                                      Uploaded by : archaen59 <octoberstudios@...>
                                      Description : August Empire of Archaen

                                      Message 18 of 24 , Jun 27, 2006
                                        Hello,

                                        a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the starshield-rpg
                                        group.

                                        File : /Archaen Catelogue of Contact
                                        Uploaded by : archaen59 <octoberstudios@...>
                                        Description : Overview of the Archaen Empire

                                        Message 19 of 24 , Jun 27, 2006
                                          Hello,

                                          a file has been uploaded to the Files area of the starshield-rpg
                                          group.

                                          File : /Starshield Characters/Archaen Cast
                                          Uploaded by : archaen59 <octoberstudios@...>
                                          Description : Profile of major Archaen Charcters