SM: The Invaders 4

  • archaen59
    Message 1 of 16 , Aug 6, 2005
      The Evertonian shuttle passed through the ebony shield of the Dreadnought and on to the
      unknown.

      On board bridge officers watched as a moving wall of gold, convalescent light passed
      through the interior of their unshielded ship, scanning every detail of the vessel and crew.
      Bands of purple pooled around items and areas that the light could not penetrate causing
      it to shimmer like oily ripples. The effect occurred when ever the wall passed over
      Command or security computer consoles, weapons lockers and especially Tomaz Goil
      himself. Around the Evertonian officer the scanning wall seemed to part as if recognizing
      his authority and immunity from the scan. Silently he watched as his men's internal organs
      and bones were revealed as the scanning wall passed through them.

      "Sir... Permission to go to battle stations?" asked the shuttle pilot over his shoulder.

      Commander Goils understood the man's reaction, they had just been, for lack of a better
      word, technologically violated. However Giol sensed it was a K'tan test - a ploy to gauge
      their reaction to their provocation. In essence, to see what it would take to make them
      jump, and more, what would they do militarily. He wouldn't give them the privilege.

      "Stand down, Captain," answered the Commander of the Imperial Military.
      "We'll not flinch while a Ripper scents us."

      The pilot's eyes grew wide with respect. In a single breath he understood his Commander's
      orders, and the iron will it would show the K'tan.

      Within half a minute the scan was complete. Almost instantly a deep reverberating sound
      rocked a ship as a tractor beam gripped the shuttle and soundlessly pulled it into the
      docking bay of the K'tan Dreadnought.

      From his seat Goils could watch the deck activity on the shuttle's port-side monitors. A
      vanguard of K'tan officers were assembled flanked by four towering Battlenaughts. A white
      carpet had been unrolled leading up to their port-side hatch. Standing a full swords length
      in front of the Vanguard was, he guessed, their host - High Lt. C'Kel. The K'tan was a tall
      man with neatly cropped military style hair. Dark eyes stared out of a hard face with a thin
      nose and a lantern style jaw. The man radiated as much warmth as a dead star.

      Turning to his side the Jezzari B'let Officer nodded. On cue military marching music began
      to play. Goils felt the hairs raising on the back of his neck. The composition wasn't the
      Evertonian Sovereign Anthem. The march was his own personal favorite, something few
      people outside of the Imperium would know.

      Goil began to rise out of his seat.

      Without saying a word High Lt. C'kel had just stated that he knew more about Goil than
      Goil knew about him. That could mean one of two things - a traitor in their midst, or K;tan
      spies within their Empire. One way or another he would find out. Straightening his
      uniform, and adjusting the weight of weapons it concealed the Commander of the Imperial
      Military made his out way to meet the K'tan.

      _____________________

      OOC: Yeah! Laptop's fixed (bad logic board) summer school's over - I can write again!
    • Matthew Kubinec
      Message 2 of 16 , Aug 6, 2005
        "Permission to come aboard?" Tomaz asked as he stood in the hatch of the
        shuttle.

        "Granted, Commander Giol," the stoic K'tan officer replied. They did
        the formality of introducing their respective subordinates; Tomaz far
        more warmly than C'Kel. Introductions completed, the whole group was
        escorted through the massive ship to the formal dining room.

        "Thank you for the hospitality, High Lt. C'Kel," Tomaz began. "I gather
        that you are not the sort of man to engage in small-talk over a meal, so
        let's get down to business. I know the outline of the K'tan mission in
        the Tri-Sector is to wipe out the Razgat and their supporters, but I
        would like more detail on the specifics of what you want in the Imperium."

      • octoberstudios
        Message 3 of 16 , Aug 6, 2005
          OOC:

          Hey Matt,

          Sorry for taking so long with this post. Also, I messed up the
          spelling of Giol's name. Sorry.

          Lowell
        • Matthew Kubinec
          Message 4 of 16 , Aug 6, 2005
            Don't worry about it.

            Matthew

            octoberstudios wrote:

            >OOC:
            >
            >Hey Matt,
            >
            >Sorry for taking so long with this post. Also, I messed up the
            >spelling of Giol's name. Sorry.
            >
            >Lowell

          • octoberstudios
            Message 5 of 16 , Aug 8, 2005
                  The K'tan commander did not answer at once. Instead his face formed itself into what Commander Giol thought was a gracious smile.

                  "Please, sit, Commander."

                  The Evertonians were each escorted to luxurious legless leather chairs that steadily floated around a table. The table itself seemed to be the polished hull plate of an ancient battleship. The words Omnet were barely legible, followed by other characters that spelled the name - Star Runner.

                  Once seated High Lt. C'Kel sat at the table's head directly opposite the seat Commander Giol occupied. Wine stewards made their way around and soon both Evertonian and Jazzari B'let officers held filled glasses.

              Standing C'Kel lifted his drink.

                  "To Allies!" said the K'tan.

                  "To Allies," said his officers and down their drink in one pull. Giol and his men took polite sips and lowered their glasses. C'Kel seated himself and unfurled his napkin with a brisk snap before placing it on his lap.

                  "Now... to answer your questions. We seek your protection and the return of what is ours," said the High Lt.

                 "There are a group of pirates in the Imperium that I am certain are in league with the Razgat..." began Giol.

                  "In exchange for our help," Interrupted the C'Kel waving his hand in a dismissive manner.
                  "We seek nothing more than garrisons for our troops, and of course docking facilities for
                  our ships and support crew... on all military bases."

              The K'tan smiled as if his words were the most natural of request. Giols felt his anger build within his chest.

                  "That sounds perfectly reasonable," Tomaz lied smoothly.

                  "In thanks for you unquestioning co-operation, I have something for you," said C'kel. Touching a stud on his collar the K'tan spoke. "Bring in the gift."

                  The alloyed doors of the dinning hall parted. Escorted by four guards a large clear case three meters long and two meters thick slowly hovered into the room.

                  "As a token of our appreciation the K'tan Empire would like to bestow upon you, commander Goils,
                  this modest gift."

              The case rotated and landed itself upright on the floor. The Evertonians were speechless by what they saw.

                  "A person suit of Battlenaut armor personally for you... Commander Giols."

                  Standing, C'Kel stood by the case and placed his hand against a square pad. The front side quietly swung open.

                  "Imagine it. Once you don it... you would be the most powerful Evertonian within your military...
                  and government.

                  Giol held his response. The K'tan's words were subtle, yet clear. He was being bribed. But two could play at that game.

                  "If you would permit it, High Leutenant, I would like to return the gesture in kind," Tomaz stated as he spoke
              into his own comm unit.  "Bring it out."

                  A screen upon the wall displayed a view of the Evertonian shuttle, out of which a large metal crate was being wheeled.  "It would be an insult to think that any of our backwards technology could be given to the K'tan as a gift, so instead I present you with something more biological," The crate opened and a Crystal Slasher stepped blinking into the ship's lights.

                  "Evertonian scientists redesigned the genetic and biochemical structure of the Slasher over
                  many years to create a version that survives on silicon instead of carbon.  It is well trained an
                  loyal, or if you don't require a bodyguard pet, the crystaline structre doesn't decompose so it
                  looks great mounted."

              OOC: Special Thanks to Matthew Kubinec for his additions and approval.

            • octoberstudios
              Message 6 of 16 , Aug 28, 2005
                High Lt. C'Kel's face curdled at the appearance of the Evertonian
                creature.

                "Er... I see. I... that is... the K'tan Empire is honored to
                accept your gift, Commander Giol.
                I'm sure our -- Battlenauts will be able to incorporate it into
                their training sessions."

                The Jazzari B'let Officer gestured with one hand and the
                display screen showing the Evertonian shuttle went blank.
                A yeoman approached and passed a silver docu-pad to the Evertonian
                Commander and Statesman.

                "This is a treaty of alliance between your people and the K'tan
                Empire. It contains the agreement that
                I have outlined. All is required is your Sovereign Seal,
                signature and DNA print."

                C'Kel watched as Giol examined the document.

                "Hmmm. Well, this all seems to state very clearly what you said
                before, so I can
                give it provisional approval right now," Tomaz said with a swipe
                of the stylus upon the docu-pad.

                "I don't, myself, carry around the Imperial Seal, so we will
                have to go back to Ona
                for final ratification. I'm sure that you will be wanting to
                come along so that you can
                begin deploying garrisons as soon as possible."

                C'Kel watched with a satisfied smirk as Giol signed the document.

                "Excellent. Once with have all the necessary endorsements will
                begin with our inspections."

                Discretely the High Lt. nodded to his second in command. The
                K'tan officer walked over to a comm-panel and depressed a small stud.
                Two light minutes away the signal was received by the K'tan fleet's
                Main Carrier, the A'Lee.

                "Sir," piped the Carrier's Comm-Officer. "High Lt. C'kel has
                signed his intent to travel to their Homeworld."

                Commander S'Var rose form her Command throne.

                "Signal all ships to resume formation. Commence quantum crossing
                into the Evertonian Imperium."
              • archaen59
                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 21, 2005
                  Captain Res'tel Silvan stared silently, coldly and maliciously at the viewer of the Stealth
                  Spider he commanded. "Won't the Council be happy to hear this, he thought to himself."
                  Aloud, he spoke, "Comm, can you clear up that signal?"

                  "Working on it, Captain." came the obedient reply.

                  It was still quite garbled, but the meaning seemed clear enough. The K'tan Empire was
                  allying with the Everton Imperium. Which could only spell trouble for the Tri~Sector. If
                  the Everton Imperium managed to get it's hands on K'tan technologies, well, they would be
                  become the most powerful minor empire in existence. With the backing of a Major Empire
                  no less.

                  "Good thing the K'tan aren't looking for us" the tactical officer said. "The Spider Queen
                  only knows if they could detect a cloaked Stealth Spider."

                  "Excellent point, M'kael. Our orders told us only to spy on the Evertons, and report back if
                  anything important came up. This is important. Too important to risk. Helm, best speed
                  out of here, out of range of the K'tan...they might be crossing the front, but it's too risky
                  with them anywhere near us. Keep the cloak active."

                  Once the lone Stealth Spider was well away from the Everton Imperial border, Res'tel
                  ordered message relayed back to the SQT. "As ordered, we have spied on the Everton
                  Imperium for some time now. We have just witnessed a K'tan fleet crossing unhindered
                  over their quantum front. Speculation leads to an alliance between the K'tan and the
                  Everton. Situation too dangerous to remain. Returning to the Spider Queen Theocracy."

                  "Comm, send that message as secure as possible, and send a copy to the Archean Empire
                  as well. Maybe they won't be able to decode it, maybe they will. Espionage is only against
                  interstellar law during peacetime. The SQT, and most of the Tri~Sector, are at war right
                  now."

                  ________________

                  Written by Frank Vittoe.
                • Matthew Kubinec
                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 21, 2005
                    As the nosy Dr'owe were watching the main body of the K'tan fleet enter
                    the Everton Imperium, Commander Tomaz Giol's Flotilla and the K'tan
                    Dreadnought were entering the Everton system. The populace had already
                    been notified of the glorious new era in Evertonian history that the
                    arrival of the K'tan heralded. Welcoming celebrations were planned and
                    the utmost courtesy was to be extended to all K'tan soldiers. Never
                    before had an interstellar nation seemed so happy to be absorbed by an
                    autocratic theocracy.

                    In his study, Pula Kubinyetz pondered the situation carefully. He was
                    playing a very dangerous game and knew it. None of his allies had been
                    fully informed of this plan, for fear of leaking the information, so
                    their responses would no doubt be unfavourable. Very well. He was
                    prepared for the Imperium to go this alone. They had never needed
                    allies before and needed none now.

                    "Are you still agonising about your decision, husband?" Jerrifen asked
                    in irritation when she walked into the throne room to see Pula staring
                    off into space. "The decision was our together, and the best in the
                    current situation, so stop belly-aching."

                    "You're right. Well, we had best get ready to meet the captain of that
                    ship. The whole command staff has been invited to dinner, and we had
                    better make this good," Pula pointed out.

                    "I can play the happy moron as well as the next person," Jerrifen
                    agreed. "But can you stop brooding, please?"

                    "The brooding is the only genuine part of my act. What ruler gives up
                    his realm willingly? If I look too happy about it, they'll know I'm up
                    to something."

                    "Right. Well, that leaves the ditzy housewife roll for me. We're, like,
                    so happy that the K'tan Empire wants to, like, help us with the Servants
                    of Darkness." Jerrifen giggled.

                    "It's scary how well you do that."

                    "Thanks. I hope it convinces them."

                    archaen59 wrote:

                    >Captain Res'tel Silvan stared silently, coldly and maliciously at the viewer of the Stealth
                    >Spider he commanded. "Won't the Council be happy to hear this, he thought to himself."
                    >Aloud, he spoke, "Comm, can you clear up that signal?"
                    >
                    >"Working on it, Captain." came the obedient reply.
                    >
                    >It was still quite garbled, but the meaning seemed clear enough. The K'tan Empire was
                    >allying with the Everton Imperium. Which could only spell trouble for the Tri~Sector. If
                    >the Everton Imperium managed to get it's hands on K'tan technologies, well, they would be
                    >become the most powerful minor empire in existence. With the backing of a Major Empire
                    >no less.
                    >
                    >"Good thing the K'tan aren't looking for us" the tactical officer said. "The Spider Queen
                    >only knows if they could detect a cloaked Stealth Spider."
                    >
                    >"Excellent point, M'kael. Our orders told us only to spy on the Evertons, and report back if
                    >anything important came up. This is important. Too important to risk. Helm, best speed
                    >out of here, out of range of the K'tan...they might be crossing the front, but it's too risky
                    >with them anywhere near us. Keep the cloak active."
                    >
                    >Once the lone Stealth Spider was well away from the Everton Imperial border, Res'tel
                    >ordered message relayed back to the SQT. "As ordered, we have spied on the Everton
                    >Imperium for some time now. We have just witnessed a K'tan fleet crossing unhindered
                    >over their quantum front. Speculation leads to an alliance between the K'tan and the
                    >Everton. Situation too dangerous to remain. Returning to the Spider Queen Theocracy."
                    >
                    >"Comm, send that message as secure as possible, and send a copy to the Archean Empire
                    >as well. Maybe they won't be able to decode it, maybe they will. Espionage is only against
                    >interstellar law during peacetime. The SQT, and most of the Tri~Sector, are at war right
                    >now."
                    >
                    >________________
                    >

                    >Written by Frank Vittoe.

                  • archaen59
                    Message 9 of 16 , Oct 21, 2005
                      The K'tan Dreadnought gracefully maneuvered into its final approach to the Evertonian
                      Homeworld. Flanking its port and starboard sides Coda fighters flew as escorts while
                      covering those were four finger squadrons of Evertonian attack ship. Flying with weapons
                      systems hot and sensors active their wing commanders debated over the effectiveness of
                      their fire power against K'tan technology.

                      Trailing the column of military ships was a parade of civilian vessels - merchant galleys,
                      commercial transporters, Stellar yachts and sleek clippers sporting the logos of Imperial
                      and commercial newsgroups. Word of the K'tan's arrival had spread quickly around the
                      Minor Empire.

                      High Lt. C'Kel watched the procession with a trained eye. Everything was going as
                      planned. So far the barbarians suspected nothing, nor did they tender resistance to their
                      diplomatic offer. The Jezzari B'let officer blinked once, erasing the cyber-gram from his
                      thoughts. Their spies within the Royal palace had reported and were now in place. They
                      had observed only mild disruptions within the Royal Family. Domestic orders had been
                      issued concerning their arrival and preparations were under way, yet nothing more.

                      The k'tan should have been pleased, but instead his face winced as he rubbed his
                      temple. The leveling of the implant in his frontal lobe was proving to be difficult in he
                      Evertonian Q-dex. He could request a simple pain duller, but he was an agent of the
                      Goddess. He would endure. Blinking twice he brought up the next cyber-message. Almost
                      instantly, he wished he hadn't. The alien thoughts that seared across his mind nearly
                      caused his nose to bleed.

                      [WWWWeeeEEEEE AAAaaarrrrRRR IIIIiiinnnNNN PoooOOOlsiTTTTion and
                      AAAAaaawaittTTTT YYYYooooRRRR OoooRderrrrSSSS.]

                      C'Kel's hands gripped the sides of his command chair as his optical-cursors lowered the
                      intensity of the thought. Tears watered in his eye as he composed his answer.

                      [We will be in position... within two hours. Launch your attack... at that time.]

                      [AAAAaaak-NNNowledGGGed.]

                      Outside the Quantum shoals of the Everton Q-dex the fabric of space began to churn
                      and ripple. A ship, both organic in structure and inorganic in armament, began to decloak
                      and accelerate. Within a matter of minutes the Razgat vessel was completely visible to the
                      naked eye. It's K'tan weapons glowed with power as it headed for the Quantum front
                      unaware that it was virtually on the same trajectory as the cloaked SQT ships approaching
                      from the other side.
                    • Matthew Kubinec
                      Message 10 of 16 , Oct 22, 2005
                        Aboard the deepspace fortress known as Desolation, Lord Warcliffe
                        Sablekahn-Giol's eyes snapped open as he was jolted out of his
                        meditation by alien thoughts. The Kubinyetz regime had finally gone too
                        far. Warcliffe knew that aliens of immense power and malice had entered
                        the Imperium for the purpose of subverting it, no matter what their
                        stated intent was. He rose from his seated position on the floor and
                        donned his robes.

                        "Eviscerator," Warcliffe called out.

                        "What is your will, my lord?" the cyber-magical construct asked in its
                        deep metallic voice as it stepped from the shadows.

                        "The pretenders have gone too far this time. They are completely
                        unaware of the danger they have placed the Imperium in. Prepare the
                        /Talon/ to leave at once. We must save the Imperium from the fools."

                        "Immediately, my lord." Eviscerator nodded his featureless cylindrical
                        head and strode from the room. About half an hour later, the /Talon/
                        was sitting directly along the projected path of the invading craft,
                        prepared to protect the moronic Kubinyetz clan from the terror they had
                        willing allowed to taint the Imperium.

                        "God is on our side, gentlemen," Warcliffe informed his bridge crew as
                        they sighted the Razgat ship. "We cannot fail."

                        archaen59 wrote:

                        > The K'tan Dreadnought gracefully maneuvered into its final approach to the Evertonian
                        >Homeworld. Flanking its port and starboard sides Coda fighters flew as escorts while
                        >covering those were four finger squadrons of Evertonian attack ship. Flying with weapons
                        >systems hot and sensors active their wing commanders debated over the effectiveness of
                        >their fire power against K'tan technology.
                        >
                        > Trailing the column of military ships was a parade of civilian vessels - merchant galleys,
                        >commercial transporters, Stellar yachts and sleek clippers sporting the logos of Imperial
                        >and commercial newsgroups. Word of the K'tan's arrival had spread quickly around the
                        >Minor Empire.
                        >
                        > High Lt. C'Kel watched the procession with a trained eye. Everything was going as
                        >planned. So far the barbarians suspected nothing, nor did they tender resistance to their
                        >diplomatic offer. The Jezzari B'let officer blinked once, erasing the cyber-gram from his
                        >thoughts. Their spies within the Royal palace had reported and were now in place. They
                        >had observed only mild disruptions within the Royal Family. Domestic orders had been
                        >issued concerning their arrival and preparations were under way, yet nothing more.
                        >
                        > The k'tan should have been pleased, but instead his face winced as he rubbed his
                        >temple. The leveling of the implant in his frontal lobe was proving to be difficult in he
                        >Evertonian Q-dex. He could request a simple pain duller, but he was an agent of the
                        >Goddess. He would endure. Blinking twice he brought up the next cyber-message. Almost
                        >instantly, he wished he hadn't. The alien thoughts that seared across his mind nearly
                        >caused his nose to bleed.
                        >
                        >[WWWWeeeEEEEE AAAaaarrrrRRR IIIIiiinnnNNN PoooOOOlsiTTTTion and
                        >AAAAaaawaittTTTT YYYYooooRRRR OoooRderrrrSSSS.]
                        >
                        > C'Kel's hands gripped the sides of his command chair as his optical-cursors lowered the
                        >intensity of the thought. Tears watered in his eye as he composed his answer.
                        >
                        >[We will be in position... within two hours. Launch your attack... at that time.]
                        >
                        >[AAAAaaak-NNNowledGGGed.]
                        >

                        > Outside the Quantum shoals of the Everton Q-dex the fabric of space began to churn
                        >and ripple. A ship, both organic in structure and inorganic in armament, began to decloak
                        >and accelerate. Within a matter of minutes the Razgat vessel was completely visible to the
                        >naked eye. It's K'tan weapons glowed with power as it headed for the Quantum front
                        >unaware that it was virtually on the same trajectory as the cloaked SQT ships approaching
                        >from the other side.

                      • octoberstudios
                        Message 11 of 16 , Nov 1, 2005
                              Light minutes away from the Talon the Razgat vessel slowed to a virtual halt. It's organic hull, shell like in construct, massive in dimension, glistened in the foreign stars of the Evertonian Imperium. Two tiny explosions peppered its body as twin vessels launched from its vast interior and sped for the Imperium warship on a terminal collision course.

                              The visual profile of the K'tan Coda fighters would be barely recognizable, even by the most experienced Tactical Officer, so altered was its hull by crustacean-like growths, save for one section. Their War Barges remained untouched by the Razgat's organic modifications. Suddenly, the fighters were encased in an black, opaque spheres - defensive shields as they entered the Talon's weapon range. To the crew of the Talon the Coda's approach was unmistakably clear. They were to be rammed.

                          Without warning the Coda's Ion cannons opened fire, as a volley of Mace torpedos was launched.

                          The battle had begun.

                        • Matthew Kubinec