Breaking the Silence

  • Lowell Boston
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2004
      Hey everyone,

          It's been pretty quiet lately on the LS, so I hope to change that soon. About a month ago I enrolled in a continuing education class at the university where I teach. The class is on writing short stories, and is taught by an experienced writer with more than twenty published books under her belt. It's been a great experience, and I'm learning to write really, really, really ...uh.. good (only kidding). The writing and reading assignments have been tough - every week we have two short stories to read, plus a five page (max) short story to write (double spaced, 12 point font). That, plus my regular teaching schedule have been keeping me away from any Starshield writing. Fortunately, I'm on spring break. I'm nearly done with my latest assignment - write a story about a character having an emotional crisis, so for the rest of this week I'm going to try my best to get the K'tan war up an running.

      Hope to have something soon.

      Lowell