SM: Blossom of Void, Chapter 1

  • JaureguiLorda9@aol.com
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 3, 2002

           The bridge was covered in darkness except for a few console lights here and there. The figure in control stirredon the command couch letting out a soft, muffled groan.
           "Front proximity, two hundred kilometers." The clear female voice came from everywhere. As far as Yiha was concerned, the synth *was* the ship. She -he kept thinking of the FTP as a woman- was more in control than he could ever be.
           His fingers danced over the hand-pad. He could've replied verbally. He didn't feel like talking thou. The ship shuddered slightly as it launched itself forward.
           "Reaching crossing speed. Contact in five, four, three, two, one. Crossing front, now."
           Yiha's eyes surveyed the room. The only moving thing was Ooti, the Genotian goldfish. It needed its water to be changed, he thought.
           "Thrust decrease 80%. We will be reaching reguar space in three, two, one. Welcome to Sector H-3, Yiha."
           So here he was. Two years away from home didn't seem much for his fellow partners, but he had the urge to return. If only he had had any news of the last 6 months. If only he could be sure his home was still lush-green and saphire-blue. He had to find out.
           The female voice woke him up from memories close to his soul. "Yiha, a patrol is to be here soon. I can't avoid detection if they come within visual."
           "I know." His fingers thumped on the console. He had to know. But here... it was too risky, and he couldn't endanger his crew, nor his ship. "We're pulling back. Set a course for the Archaen Empire."
           Selesth had to wait.

      -----------------
      OOC: Well, umm... hello!
           For the people that doesn't know me:
           My name is Esteban and I live in Argentina... English not being my native tongue, I hope you can all bear with my many and frequent mistakes.

           For the gang:
           Hello Lowell, Richard, Jeremy, Frank, Magus, Anatol and Arvind (c'mon guys, you've got to be here!), my friend Darkside, Stellar... I'm surely leaving someone out of this short list, sorry. A craving for writing (re)started inside of me, so here I am :)

      Esteban

    • Richard McKinley
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 5, 2002
        Esteban! Welcome back, my friend. I knew you couldn't stay
        away forever. I'm still here, though not as active as I
        used to be. Looking forward to hearing more from you.
        Bienvenidos una vez mas!

        =====
        "May our relationship be a Harmonious one. May the Protector watch over you until we meet again."

        http://faith.yahoo.com
      • octoberstudios
        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 8, 2002
          Esteban,

          Great to have you back! Sorry for not replying sooner, but Linda and
          I were away in Canada all last week, attending an animation festival.
          Looking forward to reading more.

          Lowell