SM: An Opportunity part 2

  • Paul Kubinec
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 1, 2002
      Emperor Pula Kubinyetz strode onto the bridge of the Everton Shark.  No one even acknowledged his presence, and that was how he liked things run.  The bridge crew's job was to man the ship, not bow and scrape every time that he walked into the room.  He approached and addressed the officer of the watch.

      "You said that a message had come in for me from Sombry," he said.

      "Yes, your Majesty," the officer replied. "The Omnet inform us that they have completed their new installation and that we can now access the galactic information networks."

      "Excellant.  These information peddlers are the only good thing that's come through the Barrier so far.  Send an order to our data processing officials on Sombry to begin searching the Omnet libraries for anything concerning our local region, the Katan, the Archaens, the SQT, and the Listhani."

      "Yes, your Majesty.  Oh, on the matter of nothing good coming through the Barrier?"

      "What?  You have news?  Spit it out man!  Don't keep me in suspense!"

      The watch officer grinned. "Crown Prince Mathias reports that Captain Colford is now aboard his Cruiser and acting in the role of official ambassador from the August Empire of Archaen.  They are enroute for us now."

      "Finally.  This is some really good news.  After the Katan penetrated the Barrier and the Omnet followed them, I was worried that we would be swallowed by some huge galactic power.  Now there may be a chance for us to make some allies."

      Matthew Kubinec
      Netcasts
      Everton Imperium