IC: Departure from Selesthian Space

  • Andoria Sunok
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 30, 2001

      Major (Sage) Sarek and Rasha Nylm had made a point not to leave the Andorian Space Station in the Ring Complex since the beginning of the SQT's "intervention". Based on information from leaders in high places they had been encouraged to lay low, hang on to precious cargo and when ready, depart quickly. They were almost ready, and none-to-soon, for it was rumored that the SQT would soon receive permission to demand access to the various stations in a possible search and seizure operation, disguised as an investigation into recent attacks. The Pegasus II awaited orders for departure.

      >Major Sarek, hands clasped behind his back, looked out over the deceivingly calm Ring Complex. Captain Nylm paced the floor. Nylm spoke first.
      >
      >"Sir, was it wise to ask for an audience with the ArWoo'stari? After, all, for these many months we have said nothing."
      >
      >Sarek turned away from the viewing screen and nodded, choosing an overstuffed chair in the corner of the ready room to relax momentarily. He clasped his hands together and said thoughtfully.
      >

      >"Yes,  after all it was her Highness who first asked us to come to this world almost two years ago."  He shook his head.  "I will  simply state  that I would like to speak with her privately before we depart, wishing to gain wisdom as to her Empires present situation, and to offer assistance should the need arise in the future. This whole situation is very grievous to me, given the bright future we had here. I sense much more is happening, but my telepathic and psionic abilities are blocked´┐Żand not by the talents of the Shuraki."

      >The silence that followed was deafening. Nylm crossed her arms and asked, "Whatplan on action are you conjuring up. I know that silence." She took a deep breath and added "I am concerned about your safety and that of the ArWoo'stari."

      Sarek nodded.  "Security precautions are in place.  Not only will several Sages in natural form be close by, but our organic melding listening devices have been placed at strategic locations.  The Drowe may or may not be able to detect them, however, they are in place for security, not deception.  With regards to a plan, none exists. We cannot do this alone, and at present we do not have the backing of the other empires. So, we wait, and return when the time is right."

      >Nylm nodded. It was time to leave under the guise of defeat. "And what if the SQT decides not to let us depart?"

      Sarek raised one eyebrow. "I dont forsee a problem, given that they want nothing more than our departure, however, I have a peace offering in mind should the need arise."

      Nylm smiled.  "I bet you do."