BoSs Awards

  • Anatol Rathbauer
    Message 1 of 10 , Jan 1, 2001
      Just a question - wasn't there supposed to be a webpage for all the nominations? Because if there is, I have to find some examples for my nominated characters and stories...

      Anatol
    • octoberstudios
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 23, 2005
        Merry Christmas, Happy Chanukkah and New Year everyone,

        Seventh Annual Best of Starshield Awards (BoSs Awards)

        This contest will be open for Ss members to post both stories and
        characters under different categories. Fellow Ss members will
        then vote on the best ones and the resulting winners will have their
        names and categories posted on the List serve by January of 2006.
        To help with the voting, the nominated writers/creators may wish to
        post exerpts from a SM or IC post to help members with their voting
        selection. I believe in the past someone mentioned creating a logo, or
        a BoSs Awards certificate that could be sent to each winner. I'd like
        not only to follow-through on this idea, but to post this award and an
        excerpt from each winners post or story in the File section of the LS.

        Okay, here are the categories:

        Categories:

        Best Empire/Race

        Best New Empire/Race

        Best NPC Empire/Organization (The Ghoiites, The Jezzari B'let,
        Robotics, Razgat, etc...)

        Best Rogue Empire - Those bad guys out there-you know who you are; ).

        Best Ss Character - Male in a SM or IC post

        Best Ss Character - Female in a SM or IC post

        Best Ss Character - Life form in a SM or IC post

        Best Ss Villain - Male in a SM or IC post

        Best Ss Villain - Female in a SM or IC post

        Best Ss Villain - Life form in a SM or IC post

        Best Ss place to visit - (Invented artificial worlds of the imagination
        - ELF Station, Ringworld, Darknode, Selesthian Ring Station, etc... )

        Best Ss Story - Drama

        Best Ss Story - Comedy

        Best Ss Story - Horror

        Best Ss Story - Mystery

        Best Ss Story - Short story

        Best Ss Story collaboration between LS members

        Best Ss Website

        List Serve Achievement Award.

        As always, members are free to nominate their work(s) under numerous categories, or the works of others. I'd like to suggest a deadline of Saturday, December 31. Afterwards, all members are then encouraged to vote on the nominations. The votes will be counted and the winners announced January 8th, 2006. Again, members who nominate their own work(s) are also encouraged to post excerpts showcasing a story, a character, etc... for other LS members to read and review.

        Lowell
      • octoberstudios
        Message 3 of 10 , Dec 31, 2005

          Best Empire/Race

          The Golem Homeworld  - A posthumous award.

          Best New Empire/Race

          The Domains - Anatol Rathbauer

          Best NPC Empire/Organization (The Ghoiites, The Jezzari B'let,
          Robotics, Razgat, etc...)

          The K'tan

          Best Rogue Empire - Those bad guys out there-you know who you are; ).

          The Luhin Nations

          Best Ss Character - Male in a SM or IC post

          Emperor Shadrach Farfel Marcello VI

          Best Ss Character - Female in a SM or IC post

          First Matron Rowen Arachnia

          Best Ss Character - Life form in a SM or IC post

          Admiral Gh'rame

          Best Ss Villain - Male in a SM or IC post

          Commander S'Waaja of the K'tan Black Fleet. The Kelshran Assassin
          responsible for destroying the Golem Homeworld

          Best Ss Villain - Female in a SM or IC post

          Karylla - Healer's War

          Best Ss Villain - Life form in a SM or IC post

          The Breath of the Dragon - Healer's War

          Best Ss place to visit - (Invented artificial worlds of the
          imagination - ELF Station, Ringworld, Darknode, Selesthian Ring
          Station, etc... )

          K'tan 12th Fleet (Might be the safest place in the Greater Galaxy)

          Best Ss Story - Drama

          The Twilight Struggle  - Mark De Vries

          and

          Healer's War - Richard Mckinley

          Best Ss Story - Comedy

          (Non-Starshield story) - Rumpelstilkin 2.0 - Skyler

          Best Ss Story - Horror

          Sacred Rites - Frank Vittoe

          Best Ss Story - Mystery

          The Eavesdropper Revealed - Frank Vittoe and Paul Kubinec

          and

          Artificial Life - Stellar StarElven

          Best Ss Story - Short story

          Harmonics - Jeff Blagg

          Robotics Binary Love Song from FDW Idol on the QIS Network - Skyler

          Best Ss Story - Romance (I've added this category)

          The Duel -  Stellar StarElven (Stellar may not agree with this genre,
          but a fight for a love one sounds romantic to me)

          Best Ss Story collaboration between LS members

          The Fleet Commander's Discussion - Frank Vittoe and Lowell Boston

          Best Ss Website

          Protectorate of Avalon website - Richard McKinley

           http://www.geocities.com/angus_macfirth/index.html

          List Serve Achievement Award.

          Dan Pond - Starshield alumni and creator of the Golem Homword, Far
          Reach Coalition, and early pioneer of the Starshield Universe.

        • Stellar StarElven
          Message 4 of 10 , Dec 31, 2005

            Stellar may not agree with this genre,
            but a fight for a love one sounds romantic to me”

            Why would I not agree with this genre?  Andoria and I were the ones who originally suggested such a thing be added permanently several years back.

            Message 5 of 10 , Jan 1, 2006
              Stellar (and Lady A) - my apologies. I'm showing my age, and lack of
              memory.

              Lowell
            • octoberstudios
              Message 6 of 10 , Jan 13, 2006
                It's been quiet.

                It's also not too late for members to nominate stories and players
                for the Boss award. Frank suggested a plaque or certificate for the
                winner(s). I'm in favor of that, unless there are other suggestions.

                Anyway - VOTE!!!!!

                Lowell
              • Stellar StarElven
                Message 7 of 10 , Jan 13, 2006
                  Other suggestions? How about an entire planet, complete with population who
                  worship me alone above all...and...errrr...hemmmm...

                  Personally, I think everyone who participates are the absolute best and are
                  all winners in my book...so, I nominate everyone for all categories...wheew,
                  that was easier than I thought... *wide dragon grin*

                • Anatol Rathbauer
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jan 14, 2006
                    Hey Lowell,

                    I was wondering if you were away... I still haven't received anything from
                    you since my mail from Jan 8th with the proposed spell list for Tal - did
                    you get that? Please drop me a line.

                    Cheers,

                    Anatol

                    > It's also not too late for members to nominate stories and players
                    > for the Boss award. Frank suggested a plaque or certificate for the
                    > winner(s). I'm in favor of that, unless there are other suggestions.
                    >
                    > Anyway - VOTE!!!!!
                    >
                    > Lowell
                    >

                    > Starshield Listserve, Copyright Various Authors 1998-2005.

                    > Yahoo! Groups Links

                  • octoberstudios
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jan 14, 2006
                      Okay, this is strange. I sent you this letter a few days ago, but I
                      guess you didn't receive it:

                      Anatol,

                      Were the spells something you recently sent to me, or a while back? I
                      don't seem to have the file/missive.

                      Lowell
                    • octoberstudios
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jan 16, 2006
                        Anatol,

                        I have a feeling something is blocking us from e-mailing each other.
                        If you tried to send me anything over the weekend I never received
                        it. If so, try sending it to my other e-mail address:

                        archaen59@...

                        Lowell