IC: [Starshield] Omnet Netcast

  • Lowell Boston & Linda Kardos
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 2, 2000
        ***[INCOMING TRANSMISSION: Open Hail. ENCRYPTION CODE: level 1]****

      High Rank Bureaucrat Torun Val
      The Council of the Maran Community
      Maran Community
      Sector C

      Dear High Rank Bureaucrat Torun Val,

          On behalf of the Royal family, and the honorable people of the August Empire of Archaen, I would like to bid you and the fair people of the Maran Community a fond welcome to the Greater Galaxy. I am Emperor Shadrach Farfel Marcello VI. Please excuse the lateness of this greeting, and the extension of my hand of friendship to your newly recognized stars. Our Empire has been beset in an on going war with the terroristic forces of the NGN in a neighboring Q-dex. Concurrently, nearly every member of our Royal Family has also been away on diplomatic missions of the utmost importance, including myself . Indeed, I am even sending this very letter to you while within realm of our esteemed friends, the Selesthians.

          Nevertheless, our delay has been inexcusable, and I ask that you forgive us in the hopes that a potential friendship may still be forged between our cultures and people. One of everlasting strength and trust. To that end, and with your permission, I would like to send to your Homeworld Acting Ambassador Cameron Trek, and True-Dreamer Lord Cambridge of the House of Penn, and initiate diplomatic contact. They have been authorized to discuss matters of trade, military alliances and the exchange of culture and knowledge between our two peoples. Acting Ambassador Cameron Trek is a skilled Interstellar-lawyer who was instrumental in establishing diplomatic ties with the Fab'Rini Federation several years ago. Lord Cambridge is a Dream-Engineer, head of the August Academy of Science and Learning, and my most trusted advisor. They have also been instructed to give to the fair people of the Maran Community a gift - Gabriel's Warsaw. One of four ceremonial swords worn by my ancestral Grandfathers, Emperor Gabriel Farfel Marcello, who helped reunite our Empire after being besieged by a civil war nearly two centuries ago. Among our people it is seen as a symbol of unity and strength . I hope it will be so for yours.

          In this spirit of this friendship, I would also like to invite you and your people to visit our Homestars, and the Royal Family aboard the Interstellar Fortress and Palace of the Empire, the White. As always, this invitation is most graciously open. May Ishtar grant you and your people wisdom and peace.

      Sincerely,

      Emperor Shadrach Farfel Marcello VI
      August Empire of Archaen
      H.M.S. Formidable