STAR'S END Update 04.07.02

  • c_vanzyl
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 4, 2002
      OUTPOST is the first effort to come out of the intriguing
      collaboration between Robert Rich and Ian Boddy. At first
      learning of this album, one will imagine what might proceed
      from such a pairing - Rich, the ethno-surrealistic soundscape
      innovator and sleep concert scholar; meeting Boddy, the 21st
      century purveyor of intelligent EM by way of progressive
      synth-music. The result is quite unexpected.

      Among OUTPOST's more indentifiable elements are its reverb
      enshrouded flute, glissando guitar and "prepared" piano. But the
      sonic invention involved in this project and the resulting aural
      fantasies are the album's most compelling aspect. At the core of
      OUTPOST are the unique rhythms and tone patterns Rich
      created through modular synth manipulations and Boddy's
      ingenuous modulations, sonic textures and eerie atmospheres.
      According to Rich, "I think it sounds quite different from either of
      our solo work, but obviously people will recognize our individual
      styles and sounds". Boddy adds, "It just turned out the way it did
      due to the two of us interacting musically".

      This album is best experienced at night - the dead of night.
      Throughout its 59 minutes, OUTPOST presents ten tracks on a
      graidient that slopes gradually between contrasts; sliding from
      desolate and lonely vibrations to rhythmic flutters of high relief
      and back again into its convoluted murkiness. OUTPOST allows
      these two brilliant sound designers to intertwine their talent and
      craft to create an album of rolling contour, shifting between dark
      and ominous moods. This album has character and will
      definately be of interest to those who seek the mysteries of sonic
      invention in their music.

      Tune in to STAR'S END this weekend for music from OUTPOST,
      the new collaboration between Ian Boddy and Robert Rich

      For more on OUTPOST, access: http://www.din.org.uk

      For more on Ian Boddy, access: http://www.ianboddy.com

      For more about Robert Rich, access: http://www.rrich.com

      -

      The 04.07.02 broadcast of STAR'S END will be one hour shorter
      as the Eastern Time Zone of the USA will be advancing our
      clocks ahead one hour for the annual move Daylight Savings
      Time.

      -

      STAR'S END broadcasts every Saturday night/Sunday morning
      from 1am-6am (EST) on:

      88.5fm WXPN Philadelphia, PA
      88.1fm WXPH Harrisburg, PA
      90.5fm Worton/Baltimore, MD