"The List" 5th June

  • Mr Stars
    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2001
      Greetings all

      This game has been re-posted on the newsgroup so he must still be looking
      for players. Any of you that were in two minds on whether to join last time
      now have a second chance. :)

      Read on.

      Game applicants please mail to: thaupts@...

      Gentlemen,

      having played many PBEMs hosted by others and inspired by Paul Vernon
      Lydiates great game "Empires in Decline" I decided to give some of what I
      received back to the community.

      I want to host a special, role playing heavy, game with a close relation to
      the worlds situation before the first World War broke out 1914. Name is "A
      place in the sun". Each player shall be assigned to a developed race already
      in place. Each players race will have economic, diplomatic and technical
      advantages or disadvantages that fit to the nation represented (e.g. the
      player of the race representing Russia will find a large empire with much
      pop but initially lacking in econ and research).

      There will be a special ruleset for the game as a whole as for each single
      race concerned. The game itself shall start around the fourth week of June.

      I am looking for 13 players from moderate intermediates to advanced. No
      player should have less than 2 PBEMs of experience, though. Each player will
      receive the ruleset as a whole as well as some specific rules and a set of
      helpful advices at least a week before the game starts.

      Host will play an observer race that only takes part in game actions under
      very special conditions and only by the transfer of ships and is not able to
      loose or win the game.

      A place in the sun
      Universe size: Huge/Normal
      No. of players: 13
      Victory Conditions: Special
      Slow Tech Advance/No Max Minerals
      Stars version: 2.7jRC3
      Turn frequency: 3 turns a week (enough time for diplomacy :-))

      Game applicants please mail to: thaupts@...

      Regards

      Thorsten

      Have Fun

      Yours
      Mr Stars
      ICQ - 5528696

      P.S. To unsubscribe from this
      list just send a blank email to
      stars-sn-games-unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
      Please let the Host of any game you join
      know where you got his advert from.