21st Starmaster Soon On Its Way

  • gumbydad2002
    Message 1 of 5 , May 4, 2010
      Well, I was talking with Rick Singmaster this evening and telling him of my concern for all of these repeat customers who are inching toward my record number of Starmasters. In defense of a record that truly has no meaning other than I love to buy/use/sell Starmasters, number 21 is winging its way to me starting tomorrow. It is a very tricked out 12.5" f/5 that was lovingly modded by Dr. D out in California with the help of one of his buds. Dr. D as some of you know is rabid about image generation and he spent an enourmous amount of time tweaking this 12.5" jewel. When I saw it for sale, I couldn't resist the urge to have it under our wonderful Florida skies. Having owned two 12.5" SM's before, this one with 8 truss poles will be fabulous. Of course the new 12.5" SM's have the 8 truss poles and the hybrid system which is definetly a cut above this but hey, they aren't used<g>. So now, it will be 21 Starmasters and 21 Zambuto mirrors. I just can't seem to get enough of either product<g>. Bob Schilling
    • Eric Greene
      Message 2 of 5 , May 5, 2010
        Yes... but do you ever actually LOOK at anything, Dr. Bob?

        And Harry says "Hello" as well.

        Eric in Atlanta

        Message 3 of 5 , May 5, 2010
          I thought the game was just to look AT them? Oh yeah, I go out every chance I get and look up with something<g>. I am down from 120+ nights/year to probably less than half of that. But, I keep having fun. In fact, I have a scope out cooling as I write this. Please tell Harry a big howdy as well. I plan to be at CAV weekend after this coming one. Bob

          --- In starmaster_scopes@yahoogroups.com, Eric Greene <ngc1514@...> wrote:

          > Yes... but do you ever actually LOOK at anything, Dr. Bob?
          >
          > And Harry says "Hello" as well.
          >
          > Eric in Atlanta
          >
          > On 5/4/2010 8:40 PM, gumbydad2002 wrote:
          > >
          > > Well, I was talking with Rick Singmaster this evening and telling him
          > > of my concern for all of these repeat customers who are inching toward
          > > my record number of Starmasters. In defense of a record that truly has
          > > no meaning other than I love to buy/use/sell Starmasters, number 21 is
          > > winging its way to me starting tomorrow. It is a very tricked out
          > > 12.5" f/5 that was lovingly modded by Dr. D out in California with the
          > > help of one of his buds. Dr. D as some of you know is rabid about
          > > image generation and he spent an enourmous amount of time tweaking
          > > this 12.5" jewel. When I saw it for sale, I couldn't resist the urge
          > > to have it under our wonderful Florida skies. Having owned two 12.5"
          > > SM's before, this one with 8 truss poles will be fabulous. Of course
          > > the new 12.5" SM's have the 8 truss poles and the hybrid system which
          > > is definetly a cut above this but hey, they aren't used<g>. So now, it
          > > will be 21 Starmasters and 21 Zambuto mirrors. I just can't seem to
          > > get enough of either product<g>. Bob Schilling

        • parabola30
          Message 4 of 5 , May 5, 2010
            My career won't be complete until Bob has a Starmaster with one (or maybe two) of my mirrors in it. :)

            Mike Lockwood

            Message 5 of 5 , May 5, 2010
              Mike,
              When a used one comes up at the right price, it will happen. The only almost new Starmaster I ever had was the first 11" Hybrid. I should never have let that one slip through my fingers. Having looked through a number of scopes with your mirrors, they are definetly on my radar<g>. Bob