Re: Saw this on the dc website, . . .

  • xmscity1225
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 13, 2011
      Well, The Shade has been one of a bunch of characters supposedly being under Eclipso's control in an awful story arc by James Robinson in the current Justice League of America book (don't recommend it, though).
      And I think he showed up in the Cry for Justice limited series (that a lot of people seemed to have panned, or worse) that I just noticed in tpb at Barnes & Noble the other day.

      --- In starman@yahoogroups.com, c_midnite <c_midnite@...> wrote:

      I'm afraid I am blissfully unaware of this latest reboot.  Any suggestions on a quick catch up read? I'll check out the Shade book regardless.
    • mavrck31@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 13, 2011
        Go to www.dccomics.com. You'll get everything that has been said so far about the reboot. Biggest news is that Wildstorm will be fully merged with DC in the reboot. Wildcats, Grifter, Stormwatch, the Authority...
        Sent on the Sprint� Now Network from my BlackBerry�

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 14, 2011
          Ahhh, who cares about the Wildstorm characters; they're sooooo 1990's.

          A big DC-related development is that Barbara Gordon will go back to being Batgirl, and will no longer be Oracle / no longer in a wheelchair.
          (Oh, and Dick Grayson is giving up the Batman identity he took on shortly(?) after Final Crisis, and some guy named Bruce Wayne will now be Batman. And Tim Drake will dress like a chicken in his Red Robin identity.)

          --- In starman@yahoogroups.com, mavrck31@... wrote:

          Go to www.dccomics.com. You'll get everything that has been said so far about the reboot. Biggest news is that Wildstorm will be fully merged with DC in the reboot. Wildcats, Grifter, Stormwatch, the Authority...
        • c_midnite
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 15, 2011
            Something that wasn't clear in the official news was whether or not all current books are canceled, but I am guessing so.  Looks like I will finally be saying goodbye to DC.  Been a fan since the super friends.  Will stick with the smaller press I guess - IDW, AC,  moonstone, dynamite (zorro,phantom, lone ranger, greem hornet, reprints).

            Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

          • xmscity1225
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 16, 2011
              Well, I wouldn't say all the current books are "cancelled", but any that are continuing (yes, even Action Comics and Detective Comics) are starting over with a new "Issue No. 1" in September. Many (but not all) may have new writers and/or artists, and several characters (but not necessarily all) are having some changes (may vary as to how much) to their back stories.