Saw this on the dc website, . . .

  • xmscity1225
    Message 1 of 9 , Jul 12, 2011
      THE SHADE #1
      Written by JAMES ROBINSON
      Art by CULLY HAMNER
      Cover by TONY HARRIS
      1:10 Variant cover by CULLY HAMNER
      On sale OCTOBER 12 • 1 of 12, 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T+
      James Robinson returns to the world of his acclaimed STARMAN series with a new 12-issue series starring the antihero known as The Shade! An attack at the Starman museum kicks off a globe-hopping, centuries spanning quest that will irrevocably change The Shade's life, and ultimately shed light on his true origin! Artist extraordinaire Cully Hamner (RED) kicks off the series, and upcoming issues will feature art by such luminaries as Darwyn Cooke, Javier Pulido, Jill Thompson, Frazer Irving and Gene Ha!

      I'm curious, but the problem is, anything written by Robinson that I've read in the past year or so has been anywhere from mediocre to guano.

      Any thoughts?
    • mavrck31@yahoo.com
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 12, 2011
        I'll buy it, but is it part of this "52" new books or is it mainstream DC?

        I'm not at all excited about the DC reboot.
        Sent on the Sprint� Now Network from my BlackBerry�

        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 13, 2011
          As far as I know, it's not part of the 52 new books coming out in September (it's one of several new series, many of them limited, that start the month after), but I believe it's still part of the revised DC Universe. (Though I believe it's only part of the Universe that's being really revised?)

          --- In starman@yahoogroups.com, mavrck31@... wrote:

          I'll buy it, but is it part of this "52" new books or is it mainstream DC?

          I'm not at all excited about the DC reboot.
        • c_midnite
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 13, 2011
            I'm afraid I am blissfully unaware of this latest reboot.  Any suggestions on a quick catch up read? I'll check out the Shade book regardless.  Sean

            Sent from Yahoo! Mail on Android

          • xmscity1225
            Message 5 of 9 , Jul 13, 2011
              Well, The Shade has been one of a bunch of characters supposedly being under Eclipso's control in an awful story arc by James Robinson in the current Justice League of America book (don't recommend it, though).
              And I think he showed up in the Cry for Justice limited series (that a lot of people seemed to have panned, or worse) that I just noticed in tpb at Barnes & Noble the other day.

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 13, 2011
                Go to www.dccomics.com. You'll get everything that has been said so far about the reboot. Biggest news is that Wildstorm will be fully merged with DC in the reboot. Wildcats, Grifter, Stormwatch, the Authority...

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 14, 2011
                  Ahhh, who cares about the Wildstorm characters; they're sooooo 1990's.

                  A big DC-related development is that Barbara Gordon will go back to being Batgirl, and will no longer be Oracle / no longer in a wheelchair.
                  (Oh, and Dick Grayson is giving up the Batman identity he took on shortly(?) after Final Crisis, and some guy named Bruce Wayne will now be Batman. And Tim Drake will dress like a chicken in his Red Robin identity.)

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 15, 2011
                    Something that wasn't clear in the official news was whether or not all current books are canceled, but I am guessing so.  Looks like I will finally be saying goodbye to DC.  Been a fan since the super friends.  Will stick with the smaller press I guess - IDW, AC,  moonstone, dynamite (zorro,phantom, lone ranger, greem hornet, reprints).

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 16, 2011
                      Well, I wouldn't say all the current books are "cancelled", but any that are continuing (yes, even Action Comics and Detective Comics) are starting over with a new "Issue No. 1" in September. Many (but not all) may have new writers and/or artists, and several characters (but not necessarily all) are having some changes (may vary as to how much) to their back stories.