  • CashCow12
    Message 1 of 447 , Nov 4, 1999
      Hi eveybody, Just got the new issue of Starman.
      Now this is a issue that makes me want to cut class
      next month just to get the next issue sooner. I have
      to say the artwork has improved. I'm not sure if you
      saw my opinions over on the DC MB so I go over them
      again here. I lookes like Peter has the ability to draw
      close ups of people and the city of Opal quite well.
      It's when he draws people farther away that the
      artwork breaks down. Just have to say the Black Condor
      looked cool.
    • c_midnite
      Message 447 of 447 , Mar 5 5:48 PM
        Well, it is slow here so I will reply to this last substantive
        message.

        --- In starman@y..., jn471 wrote:
        > So ? Anybody disagree with the new change, I'm
        > only thirteen and just when I got into starman it
        > ended,

        Cool. I wish Starman had been around when I was younger. Of course,
        I was reading about his dad & company in All Star Squadron back in
        the mid-80's when I was your age. And without them we may never have
        met Jack & friends.

        > but I do read about it online, so I'm caught up,
        > I also picked up the last issue.... what do you
        > think's going to happen to Jack Knight, Sadfdie Frost
        > (that's her nme right) and Star-Spangled kid ? I mean why
        > did he pick her, yes I know when the JLA was changed
        > into kids and she was turned into an adult she was
        > very mature but, why didn't he choose someone else ?

        Several reasons probably.

        - The primary writers of those two characters work together.
        - She is a member of the JSA & Ted looked after her.
        - The original Star Spangled Kid was an interim, if you will,
        Starman. I think he was at some point (either in the DCU or our
        world, if not both) destined to be Ted's sucessor.

        I really miss Jack, but I can honestly say I was happy how it all
        wrapped up. I am so glad they got to finish the stories they
        wanted. At least in part you could see that some of these plotlines
        were planned from the very beggining.

        Sean