new installment of stars my destination

  • curtisleesanders
    Message 1 of 447 , Jul 8, 1999
      the latest issue of starman hit the stands today
      and i must say it is great!! and i think we are in
      for a lot of excitement since this is the final
      installment of the story arc!! robinson continues to surprise
      us with more characters bought out of obscurity and
      into the limelight, even if only for a little while!!
      notice i am not giving anything <br>away but i will tell
      you that this is getting good!!by the way where are
      you people at ??
    • c_midnite
      Message 447 of 447 , Mar 5, 2002
        Well, it is slow here so I will reply to this last substantive
        message.

        --- In starman@y..., jn471 wrote:
        > So ? Anybody disagree with the new change, I'm
        > only thirteen and just when I got into starman it
        > ended,

        Cool. I wish Starman had been around when I was younger. Of course,
        I was reading about his dad & company in All Star Squadron back in
        the mid-80's when I was your age. And without them we may never have
        met Jack & friends.

        > but I do read about it online, so I'm caught up,
        > I also picked up the last issue.... what do you
        > think's going to happen to Jack Knight, Sadfdie Frost
        > (that's her nme right) and Star-Spangled kid ? I mean why
        > did he pick her, yes I know when the JLA was changed
        > into kids and she was turned into an adult she was
        > very mature but, why didn't he choose someone else ?

        Several reasons probably.

        - The primary writers of those two characters work together.
        - She is a member of the JSA & Ted looked after her.
        - The original Star Spangled Kid was an interim, if you will,
        Starman. I think he was at some point (either in the DCU or our
        world, if not both) destined to be Ted's sucessor.

        I really miss Jack, but I can honestly say I was happy how it all
        wrapped up. I am so glad they got to finish the stories they
        wanted. At least in part you could see that some of these plotlines
        were planned from the very beggining.

        Sean