Re: The Voyager Project

  • trekdogalpha_1999
    Message 1 of 230 , Sep 2, 2001
      hello ...<br>For those that wondered if I have
      given up on VOYAGER, the answer is no! I have, however
      run into a problem - a structural integrity problem.
      Them model wants to come apart every time I move it.
      So I am going to abandon this approach and with
      timely help from some friends at STARSHIPBUILDERS.COM I
      have come up with a way to continue. I am going to
      construct the ship as a series of plugs and then either
      vacum form the various sections or do fibercast
      castings once molds are made of the various
      sections<br><br>UPDATE: More info on the new work: I am waffling between
      doing the model in Fiberglass or Vacum forming the
      pieces. The intial process is the same either way I go.
      The plugs still need to be made regardless of which
      direction I plan to go. <br>I like the idea of having
      instant windows and super strong pieces, but I also like
      the simplicity of vacum forming, not to mention the
      savings over expensive molding and casting.<br><br>I am
      using the DELUX VOYAGER model kit as a template and
      enlarging the model x2. This will produce a model 40 1/2 "
      in length, or almost 3 1/2 feet long. lighting will
      be supplied from small flourescant bulbs, fiber
      optics, leds and light sheet. This will entail abandoning
      the previous work and starting over, but thats ok. I
      hope to have photos to show the group of the finished
      primary hull plugs (sans details) by the end of October.
      Let ya know what I decided (casting vs vacum forming)
      once that decision has to be made.<br><br>~Trekdog
    • sorcerer_200
      Message 230 of 230 , Mar 1, 2002
        i tried to find New Orleans Class specific
        graphics for you and all i could fine were blurry smudged
        pic of the ship itself.i'd have to say your besy be
        would be to take some existing graphics and alter them
        in paint or Adobe Photoshop.i think there is some
        content here or in the sister club that you might be able
        to change up to what you need...i'll keep looking
        though.<br><br>~~sorcerer~~