Starblazer supplements

  • Chris Birch
    Message 1 of 29 , Nov 10, 2008

      Hey gang, right I’m starting work on supplements for starblazer and wondered who’d like to be involved (apart from David and Douglas that is!!). The plan is to produce a generic supplement with a load of new bits in and a ton of adventures and campaign ideas. Here’s what I’m looking for….

      -          Particularly I’d love to see write up’s of adventures you’ve run as we could include some

      -          Organizations, characters and starships

      -          I’m looking for suggestions for

      o   Stunts for Organisations – something we’re adding in the next supplement

      o   new gadgets and artifacts

      o   new alien/mutant skills and stunts

      o   any other suggestions will be considered

      o   new starship types

      o   new careers and stunts or stunts for existing careers

      o   character background generator

      As an update Cubicle 7 is aiming to fulfill pre-orders before Christmas and then have a retail release in the new year as stores need 3 months to order. There’s been a lot of delays because C7 is in talks with various companies regarding support and development so it may affect who we print with.

      I’ll be uploading the revised, corrected pdf shortly so everyone should get a download code from rpgnow to pick it up – including everyone who bought it. Thanks for everyone who contributed errors – I’m sure we’ve missed a load but at least it’s a little less buggy than it was!

      We’re aiming to get a 98 page supplement together for release about a month or two after the release of the hardback in stores. We’ll be following that with work on the fantasy version as well as a big campaign book

      Hope you all doing well?

      Cheers

      chris

    • Joe Yeti Kundlak
      Message 2 of 29 , Nov 10, 2008
        Hi Chris,

        doing well around here ;)

        I must admit I started printing the TOME but got swayed in other
        directions for now. But one day in the near future I am planning to get
        back, finish printing it and give it a read.

        As per the supplement - I will shout when something hits my head here.
        I have not played it, so I cant offer first-hand experience, but
        whatever I will be able to, I will do.

        See ya around and good luck with the Supplement!

        Joe
      • David Donachie
        Message 3 of 29 , Nov 10, 2008
          Me, of course

          On 10 Nov 2008, at 16:37, Chris Birch wrote:

          > Hey gang, right I’m starting work on supplements for starblazer and
          > wondered who’d like to be involved (apart from David and Douglas
          > that is!!). The plan is to produce a generic supplement with a load
          > of new bits in and a ton of adventures and campaign ideas. Here’s
          > what I’m looking for….
          >

          > - Particularly I’d love to see write up’s of adventures
          > you’ve run as we could include some
          >
          > - Organizations, characters and starships
          >
          > - I’m looking for suggestions for
          >
          > o Stunts for Organisations – something we’re adding in the next
          > supplement
          >
          > o new gadgets and artifacts
          >
          > o new alien/mutant skills and stunts
          >
          > o any other suggestions will be considered
          >
          > o new starship types
          >
          > o new careers and stunts or stunts for existing careers
          >
          > o character background generator
          >

          > As an update Cubicle 7 is aiming to fulfill pre-orders before
          > Christmas and then have a retail release in the new year as stores
          > need 3 months to order. There’s been a lot of delays because C7 is
          > in talks with various companies regarding support and development so
          > it may affect who we print with.
          >

          > I’ll be uploading the revised, corrected pdf shortly so everyone
          > should get a download code from rpgnow to pick it up – including
          > everyone who bought it. Thanks for everyone who contributed errors –
          > I’m sure we’ve missed a load but at least it’s a little less buggy
          > than it was!
          >

          > We’re aiming to get a 98 page supplement together for release about
          > a month or two after the release of the hardback in stores. We’ll be
          > following that with work on the fantasy version as well as a big
          > campaign book
          >

          > Hope you all doing well?
          >

          > Cheers
          >
          > chris

        • Matthijs Krijger
          Message 4 of 29 , Nov 11, 2008
            Hi,
            count on me.
            How extensive do you want the suggestions to be (already fully written?)
            Deadlines?

            fg,
            Thijs

            Message 5 of 29 , Nov 11, 2008

              Hi as extensive as you want – if you want to write stuff up that’s great. Everyone gets paid 4 cents per word for what is actually published (paid 30 days after print release or pdf release if pdf only).

[...]

              http://www.eset.com

            • Matthijs Krijger
              Message 6 of 29 , Nov 11, 2008
                I've already done some write-ups for starships (mostly fighters), that I can expand and send your way. [so dips on starships].
                Deadlines?

                fg,
                Thijs

                Message 7 of 29 , Nov 11, 2008

                  No rush, have a think about the other stuff and submit it all in one go – I’ll suggest all submissions be with me for 1st dec for review – that can include rough notes and ideas that I can say ‘yeah go ahead and write it up’

                  Message 8 of 29 , Nov 11, 2008
                    --- In starblazeradventures@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Birch" <chris@...>
                    wrote:

                    > Hey gang, right I'm starting work on supplements for starblazer and
                    wondered
                    > who'd like to be involved (apart from David and Douglas that is!!).

                    I am available as an extra pair of eyes to read over any material and
                    look for the sneaky little bugs that find their way into written text.
                    8^)

                    Mitch
                  • Andrew Whincup Krusty77
                    Message 9 of 29 , Nov 12, 2008
                      Count me in. I've got a couple of locations tht I can blow up into full blown adventure seeds if that's the kind fo thing you're looking for.

                      I've been out of the loop for a wee while, but I've heard rumours about the core is out in print. Is that true?

                      Andy

                      Message 10 of 29 , Nov 12, 2008

                        Great! Yes send me the ideas when you’re ready!

                        We’re going to print soon for pre-orders and then  separately for the main retail print run. We’ve got a soft copy that’s been selling at cons

                        chris

                        Message 11 of 29 , Nov 12, 2008
                          Is Dragonmeet an official launch for the retail print version or not?

                          I'm not sure

                          On 12 Nov 2008, at 09:54, Chris Birch wrote:

                          > Great! Yes send me the ideas when you’re ready!
                          >

                          > We’re going to print soon for pre-orders and then separately for
                          > the main retail print run. We’ve got a soft copy that’s been selling
                          > at cons
                          >

                          > chris

                        • Chris Birch
                          Message 12 of 29 , Nov 12, 2008
                            No unfortunately we have to wait for the printer to be finalized for the
                            main print run. We'll be selling the softbacks that were made for gen con
                            there - about 15 left. It's only 3 weeks away so not enough time for the
                            pre-order copies which will likely go out in December for Christmas and be
                            submitted for retail as they need 3 months to put their orders in.

                            Is Dragonmeet an official launch for the retail print version or not?

                            I'm not sure

                            On 12 Nov 2008, at 09:54, Chris Birch wrote:

                            > Great! Yes send me the ideas when you're ready!
                            >

                            > We're going to print soon for pre-orders and then separately for
                            > the main retail print run. We've got a soft copy that's been selling
                            > at cons
                            >

                            > chris

                            http://www.eset.com
                          • Chris Birch
                            Message 13 of 29 , Mar 18, 2009

                              Hi guys we’re in development with the fantasy supplement for Starblazer can you let me know if you’re interested in playtesting – we’ll soon need some gaming groups to give the magic system a run for its money and some of the other very cute ideas we’ve thrown in to the book.

                              We’ll obviously want people to read it from a rules analysis point of view too so please let me know if you can do either.

                              Cheers

                              chris

                              __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3945 (20090318) __________

                              http://www.eset.com
                            • Robert Stehwien
                              Message 14 of 29 , Mar 18, 2009
                                I'm a magic system junkie so I'd love to give it a once (or twice over).

                                --Robert

                                PS: Any idea when the print version will be shipping to the US.  I find I'm old school when reading RPGs (although maybe my kindle will work)

                                Message 15 of 29 , Mar 18, 2009

                                  Thanks Robert, will be in touch soon!

                                  We’re about to announce the print date – just waiting for confirmation from the factory – I think advance orders will ship in may, shops will get them in july though it’s unconfirmed yet.

                                  chris

                                  On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 8:36 AM, Chris Birch <chris@joystickjunki es.com> wrote:

                                  Hi guys we’re in development with the fantasy supplement for Starblazer can you let me know if you’re interested in playtesting – we’ll soon need some gaming groups to give the magic system a run for its money and some of the other very cute ideas we’ve thrown in to the book.

                                  We’ll obviously want people to read it from a rules analysis point of view too so please let me know if you can do either.

                                  Cheers

                                  chris

                                  __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3945 (20090318) __________

                                  http://www.eset. com

                                  __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3945 (20090318) __________

                                  http://www.eset.com
                                • Rich Spainhour, LTC, USA
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Mar 18, 2009

                                    Chris,

                                    I'm up for both (rules analysis and playtesting).  I still have the same gaming group I ran the Starblazer Adventures playtest with.

                                    Cheers,

                                    --Rich Spainhour

                                    Hi guys we’re in development with the fantasy supplement for Starblazer can you let me know if you’re interested in playtesting – we’ll soon need some gaming groups to give the magic system a run for its money and some of the other very cute ideas we’ve thrown in to the book.

                                    We’ll obviously want people to read it from a rules analysis point of view too so please let me know if you can do either.

                                    Cheers

                                    chris

                                    __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3945 (20090318) __________

                                    http://www.eset. com

                                    LTC Rich Spainhour
                                    Information Research Analyst
                                    NATO Supreme Allied Command, Transformation
                                    Norfolk, VA
                                    crspain@...

                                    I have read a fiery gospel writ in burnished rows of steel:
                                         "As ye deal with my contemners, so with you my Grace shall deal";
                                    Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with his heel,
                                    	Since God is marching on.

                                    --"Battle Hymn of the Republic," third verse
                                  • Chris Birch
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Mar 18, 2009

                                      Hey Rich good to have you on board, we’ll put you on the list and let you know when we’ve got documents to play with

                                      crspain@earthlink. net

                                      I have read a fiery gospel writ in burnished rows of steel:
                                           "As ye deal with my contemners, so with you my Grace shall deal";
                                      Let the Hero, born of woman, crush the serpent with his heel,
                                              Since God is marching on.

                                      --"Battle Hymn of the Republic," third verse

                                      __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3946 (20090318) __________

                                      http://www.eset.com
                                    • johnpaul613
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Mar 18, 2009
                                        Hi Chris,
                                        We're up for some review/play. I'm especially looking forward to the streamlined rules you hinted at...my groups favorite kinda stuff is our FATE/PDQ hybrids.

                                        Scott

                                        --- In starblazeradventures@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Birch" <chris@...> wrote:

                                        > Hi guys we're in development with the fantasy supplement for Starblazer can
                                        > you let me know if you're interested in playtesting - we'll soon need some
                                        > gaming groups to give the magic system a run for its money and some of the
                                        > other very cute ideas we've thrown in to the book.
                                        >

                                        > We'll obviously want people to read it from a rules analysis point of view
                                        > too so please let me know if you can do either.
                                        >

                                        > Cheers
                                        >
                                        > chris

                                      • Robert Stehwien
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Mar 18, 2009
                                          I too love FATE/PDQ hybrids - I favor taking the core rules of FATE but using PDQ style character creation (not liking PDQ resolution - especially damage and adding abilities together).  Looking forward to streamlined rules as well.

                                          On Wed, Mar 18, 2009 at 7:49 PM, johnpaul613 <saintandsinner.jmj@...> wrote:
                                          Hi Chris,
                                          We're up for some review/play.  I'm especially looking forward to the streamlined rules you hinted at...my groups favorite kinda stuff is our FATE/PDQ hybrids.

                                          Scott

                                          --- In starblazeradventures@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Birch" <chris@...> wrote:

                                          > Hi guys we're in development with the fantasy supplement for Starblazer can
                                          > you let me know if you're interested in playtesting - we'll soon need some
                                          > gaming groups to give the magic system a run for its money and some of the
                                          > other very cute ideas we've thrown in to the book.
                                          >

                                          > We'll obviously want people to read it from a rules analysis point of view
                                          > too so please let me know if you can do either.
                                          >

                                          > Cheers
                                          >
                                          > chris

                                          <*> Your email settings:
                                             Individual Email | Traditional

                                          <*> To change settings online go to:
                                             (Yahoo! ID required)

                                          <*> To change settings via email:
                                             mailto:starblazeradventures-digest@yahoogroups.com
                                             mailto:starblazeradventures-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

                                             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                                        • chris@joystickjunkies.com
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Mar 19, 2009
                                            Thanks robert we'll send over docs as soon as they're ready!

                                            ------------------

                                            From: Robert Stehwien
                                            Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2009 22:34:11 -0600
                                            To: <starblazeradventures@yahoogroups.com>
                                            Subject: Re: [starblazeradventures] Re: Starblazer: Legends of Anglerre playtesting

                                               http://groups. yahoo.com/ group/starblazer adventures/ join

                                            Message 21 of 29 , Mar 19, 2009
                                              Thnks scott we'll send you the docs when they're ready

                                              ------------------

                                              From: "johnpaul613"
                                              Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 01:49:05 -0000
                                              To: <starblazeradventures@yahoogroups.com>

                                              Hi Chris,
                                              We're up for some review/play. I'm especially looking forward to the streamlined rules you hinted at...my groups favorite kinda stuff is our FATE/PDQ hybrids.

                                              Scott

                                              --- In starblazeradventure s@yahoogroups. com, "Chris Birch" <chris@...> wrote:

                                              > Hi guys we're in development with the fantasy supplement for Starblazer can
                                              > you let me know if you're interested in playtesting - we'll soon need some
                                              > gaming groups to give the magic system a run for its money and some of the
                                              > other very cute ideas we've thrown in to the book.
                                              >

                                              > We'll obviously want people to read it from a rules analysis point of view
                                              > too so please let me know if you can do either.
                                              >

                                              > Cheers
                                              >
                                              > chris

                                            • Andrew Whincup Krusty77
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Mar 19, 2009
                                                I can definitely read it. It's less certain that I can get a group together, but I'll try.

                                                Andy

                                                Message 23 of 29 , Mar 19, 2009

                                                  Thanks Andrew!

                                                  I can definitely read it. It's less certain that I can get a group together, but I'll try.

                                                  Andy

                                                  Hi guys we’re in development with the fantasy supplement for Starblazer can you let me know if you’re interested in playtesting – we’ll soon need some gaming groups to give the magic system a run for its money and some of the other very cute ideas we’ve thrown in to the book.

                                                  We’ll obviously want people to read it from a rules analysis point of view too so please let me know if you can do either.

                                                  Cheers

                                                  chris

                                                  __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3945 (20090318) __________

                                                  http://www.eset. com

                                                  __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3947 (20090319) __________

                                                  http://www.eset.com
                                                • john_e_bogart
                                                  Message 24 of 29 , Mar 23, 2009
                                                    Hi Chris,

                                                    I'd definitely love to give it a read. I'm not sure on playing. My group has started rotating GM's and we just started a campaign. Not exactly sure when it will end, but I think they'd be happy to give it a whirl if we finish the current campaign before the playtesting period ends. They really enjoyed Starblazers and have been asking about playing again, and they're also fantasy junkies.

                                                    -John

                                                    --- In starblazeradventures@yahoogroups.com, "Chris Birch" <chris@...> wrote:

                                                    > Hi guys we're in development with the fantasy supplement for Starblazer can
                                                    > you let me know if you're interested in playtesting - we'll soon need some
                                                    > gaming groups to give the magic system a run for its money and some of the
                                                    > other very cute ideas we've thrown in to the book.
                                                    >

                                                    > We'll obviously want people to read it from a rules analysis point of view
                                                    > too so please let me know if you can do either.
                                                    >

                                                    > Cheers
                                                    >
                                                    > chris

                                                  • Chris Birch
                                                    Message 25 of 29 , Mar 23, 2009

                                                      Thanks John I’ve put you on the list we’ll let you know nearer the time!

                                                      Thanks

                                                      chris

                                                      I'd definitely love to give it a read. I'm not sure on playing. My group has started rotating GM's and we just started a campaign. Not exactly sure when it will end, but I think they'd be happy to give it a whirl if we finish the current campaign before the playtesting period ends. They really enjoyed Starblazers and have been asking about playing again, and they're also fantasy junkies.

                                                      -John

                                                      --- In starblazeradventure s@yahoogroups. com, "Chris Birch" <chris@...> wrote:

                                                      > Hi guys we're in development with the fantasy supplement for Starblazer
                                                      can
                                                      > you let me know if you're interested in playtesting - we'll soon need some
                                                      > gaming groups to give the magic system a run for its money and some of the
                                                      > other very cute ideas we've thrown in to the book.
                                                      >

                                                      > We'll obviously want people to read it from a rules analysis point of view
                                                      > too so please let me know if you can do either.
                                                      >

                                                      > Cheers
                                                      >
                                                      > chris

                                                      __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 3955 (20090323) __________

                                                      http://www.eset.com
                                                    • Matthijs Krijger
                                                      Message 26 of 29 , Mar 23, 2009
                                                        Hi Chris,

                                                        same here, dont think I can get a group together in time for this,
                                                        but I can sure enough give it a good critical read.

                                                        with friendly greetings

                                                        Thijs Krijger
                                                        "The sky is the limit, the lower limit"

                                                        On Mon, Mar 23, 2009 at 6:40 PM, Chris Birch <chris@...> wrote:
                                                        > Thanks John I’ve put you on the list we’ll let you know nearer the time!
                                                        >

                                                        > Thanks
                                                        >
                                                        > chris

                                                      • Chris Birch
                                                        Message 27 of 29 , Mar 24, 2009
                                                          Great thanks I'll send you docs once they're ready!

                                                          database 3955 (20090323) __________

                                                          http://www.eset.com