Re: [ST1-LCN] throw the episode in the trash

  • Tim Stubbs
    Message 1 of 18 , Apr 1, 2005
      --- In star-trek-one@yahoogroups.com, captjim <captjim@p...> wrote:

      I think I've
      > misinterpreted the whole thing all this time.

      It's been an interesting thread though.

      :-)

      I'll re-watch the episode to verify 'exactly' what he said, if i get a
      chance. Anyone else got the exact quote?

      eyes open

      tim
    • tracyrocha
      Message 2 of 18 , Apr 1, 2005
        She was certainly obsessed with Kirk and becoming a Captain. The point I
        m trying to make is her only option was to pick from one of the "All Male"
        Captains in the time of TOS. Who really knows why a "Loon" does what she
        does?

        Tracy
        (The 5th Horseman)
        Message 3 of 18 , Apr 1, 2005
          >>Who really knows why a "Loon" does what she does?

          I've been casually following this thread and I think you're all missing the
          obvious: yes, she was nuts, but she focused on Kirk simply because she
          still wanted to get into his pants. And she did.

          Literally.

          Trelane
          "If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?"

          Message 4 of 18 , Apr 1, 2005
            Heh, heh, heh... Dat's a good one.

            Tracy
            (The 5th Horseman)
            >>Who really knows why a "Loon" does what she does?

            I've been casually following this thread and I think you're all missing the
            obvious: yes, she was nuts, but she focused on Kirk simply because she
            still wanted to get into his pants. And she did.

            Literally.

            Trelane
            "If Jimmy cracks corn and no one cares, why is there a song about him?"

          • captjim
            Message 5 of 18 , Apr 1, 2005
              > I still don't agree. The way she did it and the way she talked made it also
              > seem like the one she really wanted to stick it to was Kirk. Quite likely
              > because of their previous relationship and the fact that Kirk got into
              > command and she didn't.

              Yeah, for some unfathomable reason, she hated her own womanhood.
              That's why she and Kirk broke up to begin with. And then when
              Kirk made it to command, and she didn't her insane mind twisted
              this into being about her womanhood instead of the reality that
              she was simply unsuitable for command.