Re: [ST1-LCN] Trek Directors?

  • Chris Halladay
    Message 1 of 9 , Jun 30 8:22 PM
      To all:

      If they were going to do another comedy-type of movie, I would strongly
      suggest:

      ROBIN WILLIAMS!!

      He is an admitted Star Trek FANATIC!! And would do absolutely anything
      to appear on Trek!! I am sure that he would be willing to pull double duty
      as an actor-director!!

      Chris Halladay
      Message 2 of 9 , Jul 1, 2004
        How about these people:
        Robert Picardo - He directed Voyager once
        Tim Russ - He also directed Voyager once as well
        and how about some diresctors from Star Gate , Babylon 5 ect ect.....
        Daniel
[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

      • Mithril1960@aol.com
        Message 3 of 9 , Jul 1, 2004
          In a message dated 7/1/2004 5:13:22 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
          winnipeg.swain@... writes:

          Robert Picardo - He directed Voyager once
          Tim Russ - He also directed Voyager once as well
          and how about some diresctors from Star Gate , Babylon 5 ect ect.....

          Sounds good to me. There have been quite a few cast members who have gone on
          to become TV Directors, if they want to keep it in the family, there is no
          shortage of candidates.

          "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in
          your philosophy."

          - Hamlet

        • Admiral Rich
          Message 4 of 9 , Jul 2, 2004
            I would so love to see Trek through the eyes of Tim Burton... could you
            imagine!!

            If season 4 is going to have more season- length story arcs in it, then non
            other than Martin Scorsese should be on hand for the more dramatic shows.

            With regard to actors directing... I do agree, that Frakes is a good
            director. He is certainly the best at directing himself. Stewart makes it
            too much like theatre, which is understandable, but very hard to watch.
            McFadden is an awful director. She is entirely too obvious in the art.
            Burton (Le Var) is good, but there's too much passion for Trek, he would be
            good on something like Dead Like Me or Joan of Arcadia. I like McNeil's
            style, he's got the Trek thing pretty much down- captures moments that are
            important for the story and whatnot. Picardo and Russ are both entirely too
            dry for my taste, and I think they both just about one deck below capturing
            the moment.

            The best directors in Trek have been Boler, Kolbe, Frakes, Biggs- Dawson,
            Auberjonois, Brooks, Landau, and a few others whose names escape me right
            now. Perhaps what Trek needs is a return to its roots. Perhaps Nimoy
            should sign on to a couple of shows. Notice I said nothing about Shatner-
            can he direct something that he's not the front and center stage of?

            Wouldn't it be absolute eye candy if Spielberg did one?

            Although, it wouldn't be that bad to have Lucas do one or two, just to keep
            the ST V. SW boards/chat rooms/fandom going on for all eternity. What a
            conflict they would have!! I can see it now, as the away team leaves the
            ship on a pod, they take along their Phase- sabers, and suddenly there would
            be robots everywhere!!

            -Rich

            I have never been farthest away from my goal than when I was standing right
            next to it.

              Message 6 of 9 , Jul 2, 2004
                In a message dated 7/2/2004 7:27:04 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
                winnipeg.swain@... writes:

                Hey how about Adam Nimoy (Lenerard Nimoy's son) he did a next generation
                episode.

                Didn't he direct "The Inner Light"?

                Message 7 of 9 , Jul 2, 2004
                  OMG- I forgot about that. which one was it?

                  -Rich

                  Message 8 of 9 , Jul 3, 2004
                    I forgot the name I think it was "Rascales" The One were Picard, Ro, Keiko, and Gunian turned into children.
                    Daniel

                    Message 9 of 9 , Jul 4, 2004
                      Tim Burton and Speilberg! My dream episodes! Hitchcock on a space
                      station? How about Anthony Minghella directing the next feature film? That
                      might assure the future of the big screen franchise for a couple more films
                      anyway.

                      =^= spacecadet =^=