Re: [ST1-LCN] Favorite Book

  • William Ploof
    Message 1 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
      nuttyadventurer2003 wrote:

      > > What's yor favorite Star Trek book?

      I would have to say it was the Invasion Series from a
      few years ago. The way the story line span the 1st
      four series was great. Also starting to read "the
      lost era" and they area good as well.

      fireguyk24

    • Len Rous
      Message 2 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
        My favorite Trek-related book is "Q-in-Law" by Peter David. Other favs
        include his "Imzadi" and his "New Frontier" series.

        Len

        Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!
      • Ivanna Cheng
        Message 3 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
          Yep imzadi is my ABSOLUTELY FAVOURITE! Other good books are...
          Metamorphosis!!!!! If you're a Data fan... READ IT!!!!! Also loved Lives
          of Dax... that's a great book! Pathways is also a good one for Voyager
          fans!

          Ivanna

          >From: Len Rous <lrous@...>
          >To: star-trek-one@yahoogroups.com
          >Subject: Re: [ST1-LCN] Favorite Book
          >Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 06:29:30 -0600
          >
          >My favorite Trek-related book is "Q-in-Law" by Peter David. Other favs
          >include his "Imzadi" and his "New Frontier" series.
          >
          >Len

          >The best thing to hit the Internet in years - Juno SpeedBand!
          >Surf the Web up to FIVE TIMES FASTER!

          Personalise your mobile chart ringtones and polyphonics. Go to
          http://ringtones.com.au/ninemsn/control?page=/ninemsn/main.jsp
        • J & C Aziz
          Message 4 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
            Haven't read "Kahless" or "A Stitch In Time" but I found "DS9: Fallen
            Heroes" to be my favorite so far.

            -ca

            Message 5 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
              I dont read ST books but want to give it a shot.
              Can anyone recommend a good book regarding the
              Dominion War? Or just a great Ds9 book?

              --- J & C Aziz <entropy22@...> wrote:
              > Haven't read "Kahless" or "A Stitch In Time" but I
              > found "DS9: Fallen
              > Heroes" to be my favorite so far.
              >
              > -ca

              =====
              ~*Bashir: What I want to know is, out of all the stories you told me which ones
              were true and which ones weren't?
              Garak: My dear doctor...they're all true.
              Bashir: Even the lies?
              Garak: Especially the lies.*~
            • Mithril1960@aol.com
              Message 6 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
                In a message dated 4/1/2004 1:30:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                gnomishglee@... writes:
                Or just a great Ds9 book?

                A Stitch in Time
                Dax
                Vendetta

                "So much for you." Hellboy's comment on dispatching another paranormal menace.

              • Craig Ranapia
                Message 7 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
                  Me in Brooklyn" <gnomishglee@...> wrote:
                  > I dont read ST books but want to give it a shot.
                  > Can anyone recommend a good book regarding the
                  > Dominion War? Or just a great Ds9 book?

                  I reply:
                  I should start billing Simon & Schuster for the PR, but as far as I'm
                  concerned all the DS9 're-launch' books from 'Avatar' to 'Unity' are GREAT
                  and form a virtual 8th season.

                  CRAIG RANAPIA
                  http://www.nzpundit.com/

                  "When a man thinks that any stick will do, he is likely to pick up a
                  boomerang."
                  G.K. Chesterton

                  ALL THIRD PARTY MATERIAL AND LINKS ARE POSTED FOR INFORMATIONAL PURPOSES
                  ONLY. THE OPINIONS EXPRESSED DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT MY OWN, EXCEPT WHEN
                  THEY DO. LINKS ARE FOLLOWED AT YOUR OWN RISK, AND MAY CONTAIN MATERIAL
                  THAT CAUSES OFFENCE.
                • Ivanna Cheng
                  Message 8 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
                    Are you a fan of The Lives of Dax? It's great, one chapter devoted to each
                    Dax host, and you get to read a story abour their lives -- sort of helps you
                    to shape the character of Dax in your head. The Dom War.... well a good one
                    is the millenium trilogy! It also however involves a bit of time travel if
                    you're into that -- and some bits of it are a little surreal but it's really
                    a great read and puts a different spin on things (the most interesting is
                    that it covers the Day of Withdrawal... i.e. when Cardassia withdrew from
                    DS9 and Bajor)

                    Ivanna

                    >From: Me in Brooklyn <gnomishglee@...>
                    >To: star-trek-one@yahoogroups.com
                    >Subject: Re: [ST1-LCN] Favorite Book
                    >Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 10:14:48 -0800 (PST)
                    >
                    >I dont read ST books but want to give it a shot.
                    >Can anyone recommend a good book regarding the
                    >Dominion War? Or just a great Ds9 book?
                    >

                    >--- J & C Aziz <entropy22@...> wrote:
                    > > Haven't read "Kahless" or "A Stitch In Time" but I
                    > > found "DS9: Fallen
                    > > Heroes" to be my favorite so far.
                    > >
                    > > -ca

                    Protect your inbox from harmful viruses with new ninemsn Premium. Go to
                    http://ninemsn.com.au/premium/landing.asp?banner=emailtag&referrer=hotmail
                  • Ivanna Cheng
                    Message 9 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
                      Isnt' Vendetta a TNG book? Or is there another Star Trek book by the same
                      name?

                      Ivanna

                      >From: Mithril1960@...
                      >To: star-trek-one@yahoogroups.com
                      >Subject: Re: [ST1-LCN] Favorite Book
                      >Date: Thu, 1 Apr 2004 14:05:43 EST
                      >
                      >In a message dated 4/1/2004 1:30:15 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                      >gnomishglee@... writes:
                      >Or just a great Ds9 book?
                      >
                      >A Stitch in Time
                      >Dax
                      >Vendetta
                      >

                      >"So much for you." Hellboy's comment on dispatching another paranormal
                      >menace.

                      We've 100s of NEW questions! Play Millionaire online to win $$$$. Click here
                      http://sites.ninemsn.com.au/minisite/millionaire/default.asp
                    • Mithril1960@aol.com
                      Message 10 of 15 , Apr 1, 2004
                        In a message dated 4/1/2004 9:05:05 PM Eastern Standard Time,
                        ivanna_bobble@... writes:
                        Isnt' Vendetta a TNG book? Or is there another Star Trek book by the same
                        name?

                        TNG, TOS, DS9 who cares? They're all Star Trek. The question was about a
                        favorite ST book, so I answered. Of the ones I actually liked (few indeed) those
                        were my favorites.

                        "So much for you." Hellboy's comment on dispatching another paranormal menace.

                      • captjim
                        Message 11 of 15 , Apr 3, 2004
                          Ivanna Cheng wrote:

                          > Yep imzadi is my ABSOLUTELY FAVOURITE! Other good books are...
                          > Metamorphosis!!!!! If you're a Data fan... READ IT!!!!!

                          I read one called "Mortal Coil" that I think might be great for
                          Data fans. It tied in a lot of AI and android stuff into one book
                          as well as having Soong in it, it has Flint the immortal as one
                          of the main characters. It also has hints of "The Questor Tapes"
                          in its pages... (one of the main characters is Vaslovik).