Re: [ST1-LCN] Death of Trek

  • Fam. Avila Cordero
    Message 1 of 119 , Jan 1, 2004
      > Indeed. When have we ever seen Vulcans in anything but flowing robes and dresses? We are supposed to believe they went from form-fitting jumpsuits to robes?
      > Live Long and Prosper!
      > CaptJaneway

      [ATA]Why not? I've been reading this about Vulcans unable to change in some amount of years,
      but if you take real life, I mean, for starters why do we have to take that all Vulcans act alike.
      Perhaps the entire race was already in their route to robes as you put it and what we see in ENT is
      just a miniscule part of the entire race.
    • captjim
      Message 119 of 119 , Jan 5, 2004
        Chuck Hamilton wrote:

        > Except that in STE Vulcans who mind meld are ostracized and not permitted to hold any responsible position, which Sarek as Ambassador certainly has.

        Yes. That is quite a change and hard to accept that it could occur.
        But it is possible. I don't want to use a current Earth example,
        but I don't know what other to give. There have been minorities
        in our culture that weren't allowed to ascend to high public offices
        only one generation ago, and yet now it is commonplace to see that.
        So if we can do it why can't the Vulcans?