Re: [ST1-LCN] Carpenter Street-- Daniels

  • osti@email.si
    Message 1 of 75 , Dec 1, 2003
      On Mon, 1 Dec 2003 at 01:38:14, Vinnie wrote:

      > <<<Do you really think that TV series are made out of the goodness
      > of the
      > heart by
      > the will of the TV stations owners?>>>>
      >
      > No it is made for money.
      >
      > Yet i REFUSE to believe that they all set down over at Paramount and plotted
      > out away to brainwash you into having no free will, so that you would be
      > forced to get cable television and by Enterprise books.
      >
      > Your original argument is Enterprise was Cheating you out of your money. You
      > have yet to say anything even close that proves this, nor ever warrants
      > consideration. Basically so far all you have come up with is a conspiracy
      > theory of Brain washing executives with evil motives. Oh yeah, and the
      > ultimate sin, wanting to make money with their product.
      >
      > I on the other hand stand behind the fact that nobody puts a gun to your
      > head. If you don't like it, don't watch, don't buy, an so on. If i didn't
      > like it i would not. So why do you?
      >
      > Vinnie

      [osti]
      For the brainwashing part, i suggest u read a book on consumer society theme.

      My argument was that everybody that watch (and pay) TV series, buy merchandise
      and donate money get ripped off by the excutives. Not just me.

      And for the gun to your head part, ... I often hear this phrase used in TV ...
      why does everyone thinks u need to have a weapon (physical force) to coerce
      someon into submission. A good example are the psycical experiments (Stanford
      Prison Experiment, for one). Ppl are very easy to manipulate when in gross
      numbers. I could see this in my own eyes, when the Balkan wars started.

      LP
      osti

      ____________________
      http://www.email.si/
    • osti@email.si
      Message 75 of 75 , Dec 4, 2003
        On Wed, 3 Dec 2003 at 22:22:58, Edward Hochman wrote:

        > [osti]
        > Uh, ... ehem, ... I, like, ... mentioned Vulcans, Tal'Shiar and Enterprise,
        > like once or twice ... does that count? ;)
        >
        > LP
        > osti
        >
        > Well if you remember that the first season or two they did not put the name
        > star trek on the title program and just called it "ENTERPRISE" I
        > guess even that would be offtopic.
        >
        > ed h

        [osti]
        Noted. Accepted. Will be implemented. ;)

        LP
        osti

        http://www.email.si/