Re: [ST1-LCN] Enterprise: "Extinction" or Hoshi does a Janeway

  • David B
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
      nbs1243@... wrote:
      > An unusual relationship with an alien? What type of a relationship?
      >
      > How did a Korean actress get a white surname like Park?

      Park is a quite common Korean surname. It's the English spelling of it IIRC.

      > Keanu Reeve's dad was Chinese Hawaiian. How did he get a surname like Reeves?

      Perhaps his father was half white.
    • Mithril1960@aol.com
      Message 2 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
        In a message dated 9/1/2003 3:12:48 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        davidrb999@... writes:

        > >Keanu Reeve's dad was Chinese Hawaiian. How did he get a surname like
        > Reeves?
        >
        > Perhaps his father was half white.

        More likely his fathers last name was Americanized. I have quite a few
        chinese friends who use an american surname, but also have their chinese surname.
        One guy even had two drivers licensese (the sneaky guy!) because one had been
        suspended from too many tickets.

        "Is this the end of technological man? Is this the conclusion of all our
        yesterdays? The boasts of our fabled science? The Superhuman conquests of space
        and time?"
        Mankind lamented by Commentator Jonathan Mathias from "The Omega Man"

      • CaptJaneway
        Message 3 of 7 , Sep 1, 2003
          I'm really tired of this discussion. "half white"????? Half Anglo-Saxon??? Half Polish?? What are we talking about here? Why couldn't that name be one adopted by anyone because their name may have been unpronounceable or unspellable? Or it is a derivative of their name. Whatever. Please drop this thread. Remember the inclusiveness of ST, Roddenberry's vision and IDIC.

          Live Long and Prosper! (whatever your race, creed, color, beliefs, sex, sexual orientation, etc)

          CaptJaneway
          (aka Pam Cooper-Servaites)
          captjaneway@...
          > An unusual relationship with an alien? What type of a relationship?
          >
          > How did a Korean actress get a white surname like Park?

          Park is a quite common Korean surname. It's the English spelling of it IIRC.

          > Keanu Reeve's dad was Chinese Hawaiian. How did he get a surname like Reeves?

          Perhaps his father was half white.

          Yahoo! Groups Sponsor

          NEED TO UNSUBSCRIBE?
          HOMEPAGES, RULES, PETITIONS, POLLS, CHAT, OUR OTHER LISTS
          * <"http://www.firstuniversal.clara.net/star-trek-one.htm">
          * <"http://www.lcarscom.net">
          STAR-TREK-ONE DVD/cd/audio-books/VHS
          * <"http://www.firstuniversal.clara.net/star-trek-one-dvd.htm">
          TV & MOVIE T-SHIRT & MERCHANDISE WAREHOUSE
          <"http://www.firstuniversal.clara.net/tv-and-movie-warehouse.htm">