Re: [ST1-LCN] Introductions

  • Josh Kennedy
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 1, 2003
      the star trek encyclopedia? where can I get it? I want to scan it in and
      read it, sounds interesting!

      Josh
    • Walter S. George <ncc2004@ussexcalibur.c
      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 1, 2003
        --- In star-trek-one@yahoogroups.com, "Josh Kennedy"
        <kenn6498ku@h...> wrote:
        > the star trek encyclopedia? where can I get it? I want to scan it
        in and
        > read it, sounds interesting!

        available from the Pocket Books publishers @

        http://simonsays.com/subs/book.cfm?isbn=0671034758&areaid=44

        The Star Trek Encyclopedia

        By Denise Okuda, Debbie Mirek and Michael Okuda
        Pocket Books 1999 ( 752 pages, $60.00 )
        Hardcover, ISBN: 0-671-03475-8
        FICTION/Science Fiction / General

        From 'audet IX to Zytchin III, this book covers it all. This is the
        ultimate reference book for all Star Trek fans!

        Added to this edition are 128 new pages. This addendum highlights
        the latest episodes of Star Trek: Deep Space Nine®, Star Trek:
        Voyager® and the newest feature film, Star Trek: Insurrection™.

        The thousands of photos and hundreds of illustrations place the Star
        Trek universe at your fingertips. Planets and stars, weapons and
        ships, people and places are just part of the meticulous research
        and countless cross-reference that fill this book.

        [Ed. You can purchase it at Waldenbooks, B. Daltons, Barnes and
        Noble, Borders, W.H. Smith or any other bookstore retail chain.

        It is also available on Amazon.com and/or ebay.

        It is also available as computer software.

        I also recommend The Star Trek Chronology, and Star Trek Star Carts
        and the Star Trek Next Generation Technical Manual...

        also all of the above is available at Amazon or ebay...]

        My two slips of latinum.

        Walter S. George
        Commodore, Starfleet
        USS Excalibur NCC 2004
        http://ussexcalibur.com
        "The Stars are Ours!"

        STAR TREK: Unity @
        http://startrekunity.tripod.com/nexus/index.html

        Save Star Trek @
        http://www.startrekcampaign.com/index.html

        "...probability factor of one to one... we have achieved normality,
        I repeat we have normality. Anything you still can't cope with is
        therefore your own problem. Please relax. You will be sent for soon."

        -- Trillian aboard the starship Heart of Gold from Hitchhikers Guide
        to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams
      • captjim
        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 1, 2003
          Glade Packer wrote:

          > Well, I guess I should introduce myself: My name, if you haven't
          > already guessed, is Glade. I'm a major Trek fan and am currently obsessed
          > with it (my family can testify to that). Whenever you get interested in
          > things, it's usually thanks to your friends. Well, my huge interest in
          > Star Trek started when I saw a chart showing subspace ruptures on The
          > Next Generation. It looked interesting and found myself leaning toward
          > what I'd later be called, a trekkie, trekker, Star Trek fan, etc. I call
          > myself a Trekologist, and the technology in Star Trek, Treknology. If it
          > sounds stupid, don't use those terms.

          I've never heard the term Trekologist before, but I have heard people
          use the term "Treknology" a lot. Go to your favorite search engine
          and look up that word, spelled just the same way you do (I use Google)
          and believe it or not, you will find a lot of entries. There is a
          newsgroup -
          or you can get it through Google -
          http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&group=rec.arts.startrek.tech
          (if that line is too long you may have to paste it into your
          browser address area instead of using the link)
          that really gets into all this stuff.

          > I don't really use them, either
          > unless the subject's somehow brought up. Anyway, at first, I started
          > asking for the games, not really wondering about the information about
          > the shows. Then I spied with my little eyes Star Trek The Encyclopedia.
          > Well, I wanted to learn more about Star Trek and asked for it. I don't
          > mean to sound like a spoiled brat, but I got it. After three years of
          > reading, research, and of course,TV watching, I've developed into the
          > person I am today. My family has come to an understanding of my newest
          > and so far, only interest. I do work out, and am currently sore from
          > doing so. I hope you do forgive me for such a long document about myself.
          > And that if I write and ask too many questions.

          Don't worry about that... as long as the questions are about Star Trek
          (and I don't think you'll have any problem staying on topic since you
          love the show so much). There's no way you can ask too many Star Trek
          related questions here. And if you know the answer or just want to
          comment on something someone else has said don't be afraid to jump
          right in.

          > I hope we can learn from each other.

          You bet.
        • SLFTRECK@AOL.COM
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 1, 2003
            Most Waldonbooks stores and Barns and Nobel carry at least one copy. Also
            check out Amazon.com. Anyone interested in ordering DS9 box sets for $84,
            check Toys
            are Us website. You can pre-order all 7 seasons now.

          • Gisele La Roche
            Message 5 of 7 , Mar 1, 2003
              Message 6 of 7 , Mar 1, 2003
                I've just begun to get into ds9. So I'm not very knowledgeable about it yet.
                besides, with classes on monday wednesday and friday, I can watch it every
                other day, so twice a week.

                > Most Waldonbooks stores and Barns and Nobel carry at least one copy. Also
                > check out Amazon.com. Anyone interested in ordering DS9 box sets for $84,
                > check Toys
                > are Us website. You can pre-order all 7 seasons now.

              • Eric
                Message 7 of 7 , Mar 2, 2003
                  Hiya Glade:
                  I like the term Treknologically correct...
                  Rogue