Re: [ST1-LCN] Interbreeding

  • Dierna Lincoln
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 30, 2002
      Yea...He also lied getting into starfleet about his
      heritage. His grandfather was a Rommie. Plus there's
      Sela.

      Dierna Dex Soul P. Lincoln
      ---------
      > And has, there was a character in TNG, The Drumhead
      > I believe, in which we meet a crewman who is part Romulan.

      http://sbc.yahoo.com
    • Craig Ranapia
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2002
        Dennis wrote:
        > And has, there was a character in TNG, The Drumhead
        > I believe, in which we meet a crewman who is part Romulan.

        I reply:
        Crewman Simon Tarses (Spencer Garrett), was a medical technician from the Martian Colonies. Although he did not disclose his Romulan heritage, I find it a little hard to believe that Starfleet does not do extensive background checks on applicants. And wouldn't a Vulcan marrying a human woman, and living on Mars, pique someone's attention?

        Craig Ranapia
        http://highwindows.blogspot.com/

        "Courage is the first of human qualities because it is the quality that guarantees all the others."

        Sir Winston Churchill

      • Jonathan Pinkerton
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 3, 2002
          That doesn't mean anything. Among humans, Type-A blood can't give to Type-B
          blood types, but they can mate and have kids. When it comes to reproducing,
          the important thing is that the DNA-strands are the same in number, size,
          and organization. You can't tell that on the surface.