Re: Transporters - Spoiler warning

  • recklessbastards
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 1, 2002
      --- In star-trek-one@y..., Owtrayjus Rachel <owtrayjus-rachel@c...>
      wrote:
      > I have a question..I realize that Enterprise uses their
      transporters,
      > err..skittishly, but, must all other species visit via shuttle?
      Isn't
      > transporting the norm for anyone else.whether it be onto the
      Enterprise
      > transporter station, or anywhere else on the ship?

      The transporter issue is the one thing about Ent. that bugs me. They
      used it in the first episode to rescue Archer (and he was running
      when they beamed him), then later Malcom and two crew members beam
      in "The Andorian Indident," plus there was that one incident where
      the crewman got rocks stuck in him from being beamed. Then, it seems,
      they stopped using it. If they could justify using it in that first
      epidode due to the emergency nature of having to rescue Archer, you'd
      think some of the other incidents might have warranted it.

      But I'm also curious about who exactly has Transporters. The
      Andorians don't, that's already been said. Do the Vulcans? The
      Klingons (spoiler: apparently they do as one of the episodes next
      season will focus on their advancements in this)?

    • ReiUsagi2001@aol.com
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 1, 2002
        In a message dated 01/09/2002 00:53:53 GMT Standard Time, captjim@...
        writes:

        > The ECS Fortunate could go warp 1.8. They were talking about
        > having to upgrade to a warp 3 engine to keep up with the times.

        Yes I know but the guy who was first officer said he preferred to travel at
        1.4 warp. Enterprise is Warp 5 but they rarely travel that fast.

        I was merely stating a fact of what was said on the show. If you want specs
        then I can go into that for and specify staff etc and any other fact they
        said within the programme.

      • ReiUsagi2001@aol.com
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 1, 2002
          owtrayjus-rachel@... writes:

          > I have a question..I realize that Enterprise uses their transporters,
          > err..skittishly, but, must all other species visit via shuttle? Isn't
          > transporting the norm for anyone else.whether it be onto the Enterprise
          > transporter station, or anywhere else on the ship?

          In civilization the other species on the planet used their transporters. You
          have to remember that humans are like in the stone age compared to alot of
          the travellers they meet.

        • Manyak Saakyan
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 6, 2002
            I don't think so.
            --- captjim <captjim@...> wrote:
            > Manyak Saakyan wrote:
            > >
            > > Also i think the bommers are not plunging forward
            > in
            > > hte name of exploration. they have sort of
            > > established certian cargo routes and have settled
            > > themselves into cargo run routines and are making
            > > money from it.
            > > --- Edward Hochman <whovian7_2000@...>
            > wrote:
            > > >
            > So in 2151, we haven't evolved into a moneyless
            > society yet?

            http://finance.yahoo.com
          • Ashley Brown
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 8, 2002
              Kirk made a comment in Generations (when Picard meets him in the Nexus) that he had "sold" his cottage years ago. There must be some form of reimbursement in the Federation. What form that would take to still be considered moneyless is anyone's guess

              Ashley Brown
              http://www.freewebs.com/konkordium?relaunch

              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 8, 2002
                I was watching ST: TWOK this morning and something odd struck me about Kahn's initial conversation with Chekov. He was deducing why they had come to visit and surmised that they mistook Ceti Alpha 5 for Ceti Alpha 6.

                Generally, planets are numbered beginning at the closest to the parent star and ascend outwardly. Sooo, if Ceti Alpha 6 had exploded, why would they think it was Ceti Aplha 5? A quick scan and a count should reveal that Ceti Alpha 5 was still around. If they were stranded on Ceti Alpha 7, then it would make more sense.

                Ashley
                http://www.freewebs.com/konkordium?relaunch

                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 8, 2002
                  they were paid in credits not cash! they acconuts where thier credits wee
                  deposited.ie: direct deposit