Re: [ST1-LCN] WWII (was:Re: Reference Books)

  • J S
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
      From: Mithril1960@...
      To: star-trek-one@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Thursday, August 01, 2002 5:35 AM
      Subject: Re: [ST1-LCN] Re: Reference Books

      In a message dated 7/31/2002 10:26:15 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      minuet82@... writes:

      > So when did World War II start.

      September 9th, 1939. Germany invaded Poland.

      That was September 1st. Britain and France then declared war on Germany September 3rd.

      /Johan

      I am speaking to you from the Cabinet Room at 10 Downing Street.

      This morning the British Ambassador in Berlin handed the German Government a final note stating that unless we heard from them by 11 o'clock that they were prepared at once to withdraw their troops from Poland a state of war would exist between us. I have to tell you now that no such undertaking has been received, and that consequently this country is at war with Germany.

      Radio address by Neville Chamberlain, Prime Minister, September 3, 1939.

    • Mithril1960@aol.com
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1, 2002
        In a message dated 8/1/2002 3:13:19 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
        jjjjjj_ssssss@... writes:

        > That was September 1st. Britain and France then declared war on Germany
        > September 3rd.

        Must be that same temporal anamoly that's floating around.

        Deep in the human unconscious is a pervasive need for a logical universe that
        makes sense. But the real universe is always one step beyond logic.
        - From 'The Sayings of Muad'ib" by the Princess Irulan

      • clefairyivanna@aol.com
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 4, 2002
          Hmm I think the person who asked about WWII meant WWIII.... why would they want to know when WWII was? HOw is that relevant to the Star Trek timeline? :P THink, peoples!

          Ivanna