Re: [ST1-LCN] RE: What ST Book Are You Currently Reading?

  • theirishdane
    Message 1 of 31 , Jun 30, 2002
      Dawn

      Thanks for the welcome, and thanks for the endorsement of "34th".
      I'm a little more motivated to read it now.

      I think the thing about "Stitch" that kept me going to the very end
      was wanting to know EXACTLY why Garak was in exile. To the best of
      my knowledge, we never fully knew why he was given the boot from
      Cardassia. I thought Robinson did a great job of painting a picture
      of Cardassian culture. You really have to appreciate the flavor
      Garak brought to DS9 to truly enjoy this book.

      Give it another try. I'm sure you'll like it!

      Have you or anybody else read any of the New Frontier books?

      Jerry

      --- In star-trek-one@y..., "Dawn Woldhuis" <dawnandtheboys@a...>
      wrote:
      > Welcome Jerry... I loved "The 34th Rule". I've read it about 4
      times. The DS9 Avatar books and "Diplomatic Immunity" were recent for
      me... It took me a long time to get through "A Stitch in Time"... not
      sure why, but I just couldn't get into it, even though I've always
      liked Garak. Maybe it's time to drag that out for another go.

      > Dawn (Oregon, USA)

    • peterbsullivan
      Message 31 of 31 , Jul 2, 2002
        Here, here George...
        TOS -was simply state of the art for it's time in special fx. It was
        amazing to see a TOS episode a day or two after seeing an episode of -
        say- 'Lost In Space'--the difference was astronomical-no pun!--
        The general public's sensibility of special fx was changed by '200l'
        and -of course- Star Wars---Before that -imagination played a much
        greater role....