Re: [ST1-LCN] Re: Beltran

  • Edward Hochman
    Message 1 of 46 , May 31 8:20 PM
      I have to agree with you about 7 and chekoty whose relationship came out of
      left field towards the end of the last season. To me it could have been the
      doctor and seven or harry kim and seven. not that I disagree with chekoty and
      seven relationship. Chekoty seemed to be a better lover anyways than a first
      officer.

      ed

      Message 46 of 46 , Jun 7, 2002
        Manyak wrote:
        I thought it was deplorable that some of the most
        hardcore fans protested that show as lesbianism
        unnecessarily polluting Star Trek.

        I reply:
        Certainly, especially as the show wasn't about 'lesbianism'at all. They did a nice bait and switch, because the original relationship involved Curzon Dax who (according to cannon) was something of a lady's Trill. Interestingly enough, there was no 'outrage" from the fans that Dax and Worf's idea of hot sex involved a post-coital visit to Sickbay. Homosexuality is bad; heavy-handed S&M innuendo around the whole subject of Klingon sexuality isn't. Go figure.

        Craig Ranapia

        "I don't see the difference between a chimpanzee and my 4 1/2-year-old son."
        Steven Wise, law professor and "animal rights" advocate
        Washington Post, June 4, 2002