Hey Trekkies! Try This Program Out, It Rox!

  • laap@ionsys.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 1998
      I've discovered some free software called "The Palace" that lets me visit places that are full graphical environments where I can chat. These places can have any shape: a beach, an amusement park, apartment, space ship, bar -- the possibilities are unlimited. Some even have music.

      You can move around and go from place to place or room to room. When you visit a Palace, you have a little graphic image that represents you. It's called an avatar. You can make your own, or visit places where you can find all sorts of them you can use. You can trade avatars with others. Other people in the Palace can see your avatar and you can see theirs.

      You can "talk" to others in a Palace, like me. All you have to do is type what you want to say and press "enter." Your words will instantly appear in a talk balloon next to your avatar. If you don't want to talk you can just hang out and watch the action.

      Forget chat rooms! The Palace is fun and the only way to talk with people face-to-face and a whole lot more. Join me; we can meet and explore together.

      Here is what you need to do:

      1. You need to register. After you fill out the form, you will get
      an email with your registration code. You will need this to
      unlock all the great features of the software. Keep this code!

      2. After you've filled out the registration form and pressed the
      submit button at the end of the form, you will be at the
      download page. Pick the download that works for your
      computer. The download can take a long time. Be patient; it's
      worth it.

      3. After you have downloaded and installed the Palace
      software, you are ready to start the Palace, enter your
      registration code, and start visiting Palaces. Send me an email
      telling me where and when you want to meet.

      To register and start the download, go to this web page:
      http://www.thepalace.com/products/freeclient.html

      If you want to read about The Palace and try out a partial experience,
      first go to this web page:
      http://www.thepalace.com/

      From, Luke