Re: [ST1-LCN] geeze

  • eah01
    Message 1 of 13 , Sep 30, 2001
      Tim,

      Someone has a real problem. I never made the following statement:

      You people need to stop wearing your emotions on your sleeves. This is Star
      Trek, NOT nuclear physics!

      The point is 1. Somebody is trying to start a flame in my name. 2. My
      point was not to embarrase or start any arguments; and if what I said was
      interpreted as rude, I appologize to all. My point which I can see that I
      didn't make adequately was two fold: a. I believe that one can't judge a
      series by a first episode (if this would determine the viability of a
      series, Star Trek The Next Generation would have been yanked after Encounter
      at Farpoint) and two, there was a lot going into Broken Bow. I have watched
      it in first run, its rerun (that's ironic) and two other times. I found
      myself three or four stories in this episode not just one. And I enjoyed
      it. I realize there may be those that don't. Say la vie. But I will not
      be the one to run it into the ground before watching a few episodes. Then
      if I do not like it, I may get acid about it. But if the series continues
      as strong as the first episode, we are going to have one strong series.
      And I do not appreciate someone using my name to flame a board.

      Ed

      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 1, 2001

        >>>This is a borderline rude response.

        >>Just when I think you Americans are starting to understand irony I
        >>get a response like this.

        >NOW, if I wanted to get offended, I'd ask about that "AMERICAN'S"
        >comment!!

        (DHTS)
        As a disinterested third party we claim the privilege of being
        offended by the very fact that the topic of offensive material has
        been aired on this list! The humanity, the Klingonity, and yes even
        the Vulcanicology! Sarcasm, whit, and that mildly dark humor we all
        love so much, has no place here!

        By the by, the true irony is that "thou thinkest thee protestest too
        muchest" if you know what we mean?

        DHTS
      • tim stubbs
        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 1, 2001
          At 19:00 30/09/01 -0400, you wrote:
          >Tim,

          Hi Ed!

          >Someone has a real problem. I never made the following statement:
          >
          >You people need to stop wearing your emotions on your sleeves. This is Star
          >Trek, NOT nuclear physics!
          >
          >The point is 1. Somebody is trying to start a flame in my name. 2. My
          >point was not to embarrase or start any arguments; and if what I said was
          >interpreted as rude, I appologize to all.

          OK. Please mail me if this happens again and I'll set your addy to
          moderated and just let thru your usual incisive and intelligent tomes.

          :-)

          >My point which I can see that I
          >didn't make adequately was two fold: a. I believe that one can't judge a
          >series by a first episode (if this would determine the viability of a
          >series, Star Trek The Next Generation would have been yanked after Encounter
          >at Farpoint)

          I am very encouraged by how many people rate this as one of the very best
          pilots.... though I personally loved 'Encounter', I got all emotional when
          the cute little jellyfish was freed to join it's mate.

          >and two, there was a lot going into Broken Bow. I have watched
          >it in first run, its rerun (that's ironic)

          Yeh, so you watched again what hasn't happened yet in the first place?

          ;-)

          >and two other times. I found
          >myself three or four stories in this episode not just one. And I enjoyed
          >it.

          Yeh, I hate to say it but, although it's early days, it sounds like B&B
          have learnt from the problems of Voyager and the strengths of DS9 and B5
          and are putting in lots of ongoing plot threads. Cooool.

          >I realize there may be those that don't. Say la vie. But I will not
          >be the one to run it into the ground before watching a few episodes. Then
          >if I do not like it, I may get acid about it. But if the series continues
          >as strong as the first episode, we are going to have one strong series.
          >And I do not appreciate someone using my name to flame a board.
          >
          >Ed

          OK. Ed. Keeping my..

          eyes open

          tim

        • Jack Gannon
          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 1, 2001
            Ah yes, Shore Leave remains the all-time favorite episode of our beloved
            bunny...

            And since he just learned that Bebe Neuwirth played an alien babe on TNG
            he's going to check out Frazier... rather, the women on Frazier, just in
            case he missed another alien babe...

            What a wabbit...
            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 1, 2001
              And Bunny still considers Liz his very own Jessica Rabbit.

              Bunny wants to know how you look in feathers and a Star Fleet delta shield.
              He's considering doing his own calendar version of the Women of Star Trek
              called "The Alien Loves of Enterprising Bunny".
              <My regards to your Enterprising Bunny! Is his
              fave TOS still 'Shore Leave'?>

              It should be - he played a leading role.

              Liz

              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 1, 2001
                --- In star-trek-one@y..., "Jack Gannon" <jackgannon@i...> wrote:
                >>My regards to your Enterprising Bunny! Is his fave TOS
                >>still 'Shore >Leave'? It should be - he played a leading role.
                >>LIZ

                {Jack}
                >And Bunny still considers Liz his very own Jessica Rabbit.
                >He's considering doing his own calendar version of the Women of
                >Star Trek called "The Alien Loves of Enterprising Bunny".

                (DHTS)
                O.K. you two, get a room.

                DHTS