Re: [ST1-LCN] A totally serious Voyager Question

  • Guess Who
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 30, 2001
      I have came up with the perfect answer for you. The Holodeck. Computer,
      barber shop, Chez-Fernando... the computer creates a holographic salon with
      a holographic barber that has all federation up to date styles from when
      they disapeared compiled into his matrix. Tada!

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 30, 2001
        > But what about Voyager? True she has a small crew of between 140 - 160 so
        > whose doing the cutting here? Usually with such a small crew a junior
        officer
        > will be assigned that kind of tedious duty or a crewman (perhaps for
        > Replicator rations?) will take the job. So who is it? The Doc? He could be
        > programmed to do it. Harry? He gets all the other silly jobs? Paris the
        jack
        > of all trades? Seven who likely has the memories of some assimilated
        barber
        > in her head?
        > Answers, please.

        Maybe they have a 24th century version of the Flowbee® Hair Cutting System
        (http://www.mhrw.com/c_flowbee.html).

        With tongue planted firmly in cheek,
        SkiDawg

        Message 3 of 7 , May 1, 2001
          In a message dated 4/30/01 9:17:05 PM, PARINANA@... writes:

          << Can't you just see them, all huddled together in
          groups, combs and scissors clicking companionably away?

          Maybe a hair replicator. Just stick your head in, say "Computer, so and so
          hair style" and BAM! Done.

        • Mithril1960@aol.com
          Message 4 of 7 , May 1, 2001
            In a message dated 5/1/01 3:39:23 AM, qpid16@... writes:

            << The Holodeck. >>

            I never thought of that! Perhaps every ship now has Mr.Mott in it's
            holomemory banks!

          • Dierna_Lincoln@space.com
            Message 5 of 7 , May 1, 2001
              I think I saw one of those in an ep of The Jetsons!...*lol*...Altho the food replicator on that show was called a Food arecacycle*sp?*

              Dierna Dex S.P. Lincoln

              Join the Space Program: Get FREE E-mail at http://www.space.com
            • sgtmsteils@home.com
              Message 6 of 7 , May 5, 2001
                i think they get their haircuts in the holodecks