Re: [ST1] Query

  • Mithril1960@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 1, 2000
      In a message dated 10/31/00 8:39:27 PM, ciaran.b@... writes:

      << Please, Tony Todd is well known in the sci-fi/horror genre. He can be in no
      way considered part of the Trek pool of actors. >>

      He certainly can since he played Kurn (one of fans favorites roles of his), a
      Hirogen (on your favorite show - Voyager) and an older Jake Sisko. Before
      that he made those lame Candyman movies. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tony
      show up again in Trek. I'd really like to see him as a regular in the next
      series.
    • Mithril1960@aol.com
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 1, 2000
        In a message dated 11/1/00 2:39:05 AM, AnankeXena@... writes:

        << Come on, guys, lets try to be *nice* about
        other shows, even if we hate them...a fan of Trek might also like the
        anti-Trek. All it takes is simple respect. >>

        Nicely said. As I've said many times, my first loyalty is to Science Fiction,
        not Trek or any other sub genre. I enjoy them all equally. For instance,
        just because I like Trek doesn't mean I like every aspect. There are episodes
        of each series I hate and refuse to watch, doesn't mean I don't like the
        show. Tolerance of other sci-fi should be a basic thing, since it's SF that
        gave birth to Trek and the other shows, not the other way around.
      • ciaran.b@btclick.com
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 1, 2000
          Message 4 of 13 , Nov 1, 2000
            > There's nothing wrong with being considered part of the Trek pool of actors,
            > but I was merely responding to a comment that stated the B5 producers hired
            > him just becuase he was on Trek.

            [ATA]I see. And that been the case I agree. Todd is a great performer and with
            a paricular tone that is extremely nice and suave. The problem however i could
            see perhaps
            is the pool notion. Because there is a group of actors that considere some kind
            of badge of honor been acted in trek. I want to think that Tood appreciate being

            part of that group.
          • bigbrothert@aol.com
            Message 5 of 13 , Nov 1, 2000
              In a message dated 11/1/00 1:49:18 AM Pacific Standard Time,
              Mithril1960@... writes:

              << He certainly can since he played Kurn (one of fans favorites roles of
              his), a
              Hirogen (on your favorite show - Voyager) and an older Jake Sisko. Before
              that he made those lame Candyman movies. I wouldn't be surprised to see Tony
              show up again in Trek. I'd really like to see him as a regular in the next
              series. >>

              Thank you, it's good to see I'm not the only one who noticed Tony Todd as a
              recurring Trek actor worthy of respect.

              Big!
            • Mithril1960@aol.com
              Message 6 of 13 , Nov 1, 2000
                In a message dated 11/1/00 6:13:18 PM, bigbrothert@... writes:

                << Thank you, it's good to see I'm not the only one who noticed Tony Todd as
                recurring Trek actor worthy of respect. >>

                I actually think if he had stayed alive in B5, I would have watched Crusade.
                The guy who was the captain was so dull... But I'd still like to see Tony
                back and perhaps be a regular in ST Series 5!